gbb MP5k or aeg MP5K

PET

The reason I wanted it was because while playing my friend shot me with one, and not only did it brake my skin from like, 50ft away but I had a bruise that was there for two months. TM parts work for it like the pdwstock and the silencers, and many other thins. THAT GUN IS ######UNG POWERFULL

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

actually I am slightly discouraged because my gbb pistol broke down and that was the 4th one that was faulty . Is there any gbb out there that U can recommend me that is relliable, accurate, and powerfull?

Reliable Accurate Powerful?

I'd discount the Maruzen MP5k there. If you run it on 134a gas, it's not powerful - if you run it on green gas, it's not reliable.

I've got two of the Maruzens and both are broken (have been for most of their life). I have spent FAR more time repairing them than firing them, and am presently on the cusp of giving up.

The reason I will probably still persist is that it's the most amazing fun to shoot! It is by FAR the most enjoyable airsoft gun I've ever used (which is why I have 2), but the reliability is very poor.

Snowman: Do you have your Maruzen MP5k running reliably? I'd love to hear how / why. I would give almost anything to get my two babies up and running reliably. I have even custom made full-steel internals for them, but due to the lack of rubber seals, have never managed to get them working.

mk5k-newinternals-2-lrg.jpg

Actually, the lower one is the custom steel set I made (I have no professional tools, just whatever I can scrounge from B&Q's discount shelves). It looks like it's been hammered in to shape, but it does work. The new bolt operates all the internals well, but without the correct seals, it can't be powered by gas.

Anyone know a good supplier of custom rubber seals? I have been looking for ages.

R22,

Mine's 95% reliable, but doesn't go skirmishing, so I can see your point!

I have found it doesn't always cycle on semi auto, when cold, but a burst of full auto usually resolves that.

What do you need in terms of seals? If it's mainly O-rings, there are many companies which can make them for you.

Personally, I used a local company, called Mantek (local is Aldershot, Hampshire, btw), who can get pretty much ANY dimension O-Rings you need.

A quick scan of Google, though, shows lots of similar outlets, so I'm sure there's one close to you.

Cheers.

Cheers Snowman. I assume you run yours on 134a? If so, that's probably why you're having greater reliability than me. I run mine on a mid-range gas (which is actually pretty close to Green gas). I just NEED the extra recoil, or it's no fun. I guess I'm shooting myself in the foot there (pun intended) :D

I'll see if I can find some good o-rings though, cheers. From my design though, a different type of seal would work much better. I don't know what they are called, but they are sort of one-way seals. If you put pressure one side, it will push through, but if you put pressure the other side, it inflates the 'wing' / 'skirt' of the seal to give a smooth perfect fit.

Don't suppose you know what these seals are called?

• 3 weeks later...

M11 bolts break!!!! :)

Get a metal bolt and you SHOULD be OK.

R22, I'm running my MP5K on Winter/Ultra Gas, but it's bloomin' chilly at the moment, so it's hardly stressed by it!

Cheers.

PS MP5K Review coming SOON!!!!

Winter gas? That's what destroyed mine (R22 & Abbey Ultra). Mind you, mine sees a LOT of use.

Incidentally, I went to Spectre Wargames the other weekend, and I couldn't be bothered to charge up any batteries, so I took the least-broken MP5k GBB with me as my only weapon - and it did me nicely. True, I had to cock the wretched thing between each burst (due to its current breakage), but it still worked and got me some nice kills. It was woodland too, and while it showed its shortfalls, it was the most FUN skirmish I have EVER done. :)

I have said it before and I will say it again - The Maruzen MP5k GBB IS THE BEST AIRSOFT GUN EVER MADE (when it works) ;)

I did, just a bit surprised that it sounded so negative to you :)

Reading it back, it sounds honest, but positive, but then again, I know how what I was trying to convey when it was written and it seems you got some thing quite different!

Cheers.

I did, just a bit surprised that it sounded so negative to you :)

Reading it back, it sounds honest, but positive, but then again, I know how what I was trying to convey when it was written and it seems you got some thing quite different!

Cheers.

I'll give it another read, maybe I'm crossing the VP70 with the K, now THAT was a hateful review! ;)

Archived