Bullpup, sexy :D

shadow

I want to make a small, lightweight bullpup that has an insane ROF. I searched and searched and i found nothing....untill i found this:

http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/3864/tarmicro0la.jpg

So, my question to use guys is:

Should i use an M4 gearbox or a famas gearbox. I know a famas would probably be better but i would really prefer an m4.

Also, how could i create the shell?

Hope you guys can help me out on this :D

James

FA-MAS. It would be WAY easier than an M4...actually trying to do that with an M4 when you can start with a FA-MAS is insane :P

You could just hack off everything after the trigger on it. Or, well to me at least, it looks alot like an AUG (except the magazine, of course), in which case you could do the same thing as with the FA-MAS

it looks to me like a famas back, with an aug grip and trigger. sorry to burst your bubble but i think a famas gearbox would work best here. . .mostly because i haven't seen anywhere where u can buy a version 1 gearbox, so youll have 2 buy a whole gun to ge tit. but, with the whole gun u can juss build that gun off the famas by taking off the front adding an aug grip, and using a king arms silencer adapter to put an m4 flashhider on the gun. also a m16 vn mag. sorry if i wasnt ne help or if i juss confused u or anything >_<

if I were you, I'd use this kit:

Bullpups.jpg

The middle one.

Its avaliable on WGC, and is a kit made by Posedion. Needs famas internals, but Im sure if you call some skirmish sites that use famas as hire guns, you should be able to source a famas gearbox. you can get famas hop units at zero1 if you call their technicians, I got my famas hop from there.

hope this helps you mate

Even starting with a FAMAS, you'd need to recontour just about everything and cut a bunch of stuff off to get it to look right.

I was wondering though, How about starting with an AUG? It's a bit closer.

Use some kind of epoxy putty to recontour the grip, chop the barrel off, and convert it to make M16 mags...

I was wondering though, How about starting with an AUG? It's a bit closer.

Thank you :)

If cut down the outer barrel on the AUG (and if you wanted to be more complicated, you could shorten the body too) and it would look pretty similar. And you could probably mod it to take the right magazines.

The FAMAS is pretty cheap anyway, particularly 2nd-hand. Far better to buy an entire gun cos it gives you a barrel, hop-up, gearbox, wiring as well as all the other little doo-dahs like the mag-catch, trigger mechanism etc that you'll need to build a gun.

For starters you CANNOT easily use an M4 as a base for this cos the M4 motor is located in the grip. The FAMAS motor is built into the gearbox. The AUG motor is built into a frame attached to the gearbox.

If you tried to use an M4 as a base you'd have to leave the pistol grip bolted to the gearbox so the motor has somewhere to live. Messy.

Thank you :)

If cut down the outer barrel on the AUG (and if you wanted to be more complicated, you could shorten the body too) and it would look pretty similar. And you could probably mod it to take the right magazines.

to be honest, that will be too much work than its worth, and even if you did manage to cut the body of the aug down, it would be a right pain to secure the two halves together without it looking like a bodge job.

It would be much easier to get a kit of some sort, like I mentioned before, and stick the internals into that. job done.

Dosent anyone know what that is??? Its a Micro Tavor Assult Rifle. Its made In Isreal and as far as I know there are no Airsoft versions. Your biggest challenge in making that gun would be the body.

IMHO if you want a bullpup with high ROF you need a P90... and some one to fix it when it breaks cuz it will and often if used heavily. I know 4 guys who use tuned P90s, tuned till they are like chainsaws. I highly recommend them.

Perculator is a newb. My proof?

http://www.israeli-weapons.com/weapons/sma...avor/Tavor.html

IMHO if you want a bullpup with high ROF you need a P90... and some one to fix it when it breaks cuz it will and often if used heavily. I know 4 guys who use tuned P90s, tuned till they are like chainsaws. I highly recommend them.

Perculator is a newb. My proof?

http://www.israeli-weapons.com/weapons/sma...avor/Tavor.html

Thanks, but we don't need your urban myths on how bad the P90 is in your head. Bit confused by your post, but I assume you mean that upgrading it to a high power will cause this problem. No worries, he's from the UK.

Also just because the picture is of poor quality (and seems like it was edited) doesn't mean you have to have a go.

Samm I meant that they are upgraded to a very high ROF and that the additional strain from it will cause teath to strip and pistons to fail. Does the UK have a ROF limit as well?

The picture quality has nothing to do with his lack of small arms knowledge. I use the word "newb" when commenting on a lack of knowledge.

Why do ppl have to jump all over you when you "might" hurt some ones feelings?

sorry mate, but I think that stuff you said about the p90 is b***sh*t. I have a p90, upgraded to 328 fps, and has an insane rof cos I use a large 9.6 volt battery.

No stripped gears at all, and get this - they are still the stock TM ones.

maybe your mates were upgraded too much perhaps? ie metal pistons, high spped gears, etc.

Archived