Morrissey

HaVoC

Morrissey - is he any good?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Morrissey - is he any good?

• Yeah dude, rad, his songs rawk!
    • No dude, his songs blow monkey-chunks!

quarry150.jpg

Heh, always wanted to use the phrase 'to blow monkey-chunks' ;)

Anyway. Finally got some spare cash (my dad won a tenner on 'Lotto'...I hate that name...) and he decided to give half to me :)

Hence I run off to iTunes and buy 6 songs by Morrissey, from his album 'You Are The Quarry'. If you haven't heard Morrissey, then go and listen to some stuff by him. I recommend:

- How can anyone possibly know how I feel?

- All the lazy dykes

- I like you

- The world is full of crashing bores

- The first of the gang to die

- Irish blood, English heart

The last two there are especially good, and you can hear them all here.

So...is he any good? Vote...NOW!

ok, purists love the smiths with the full line up, but honestly, morrissey's done some great stuff solo- not a huge fan of his new stuff, but then, thats just me- still enjoy the style, just think he's done better- heck out some of his early records to find out more!

well quite, but thats a bit of a masterpiece which isn't going to be topped, its a bit unfair to compare!

I think the best way to compare is say "morrisey on his own is a very different musician that morrissey in the smiths" you can compare and say one sounds beter, but when you're dealing with a band that was pure genius, its always going to be a tough act to follow!

Morrissey is an absolute genius, this solo album is his best work since "Meat is Murder" by the Smiths.

You should check out the rest of the album Havoc Man, i bought the cd and its sitting on my itunes, if it can be emailed to you please provide me with some sort of idiots guide, "how to email havoc man stuff from my itunes etc" and of course your email addy then i willl send the rest of the tracks to you

Archived