Glock 19 slide totally jammed

Sledge

When you say 'partly back'.. do you mean that it is not quite all the way back to the front??

Have you changed your magazine release recently? If so you will have to remove a fraction of mm from where the mag is caught on it. The reason why would be that the magazine is being held up too high... (was this in the Glock mag release thread too you asking about the differences?)

Hmmm. what else could it be..

Seems to me the only thing to fall off in there is the guide rod or maybe the feed ramp. But you'd know it if that were the case, I'm sure.

I wonder perhaps if you've got a bent rail towards the end. The G19's blowback mechanism is very simple, IIRC, and doesn't have any parts to really come undone and fall into the action like the full auto models.

Is it any more rattly sounding than usual if you shake it?

Ooh, brainflash: How's the trigger behaving? You said it isn't actuating the hammer at all? I wonder if maybe your trigger bar has come undone and is gumming up the works. Might be you could have a poke around in the mag well with a flashlight to see if it looks out of place or broken.

Right, I think we're getting the two guns confused here. The earlier problem with the guide rod coming loose is solved, and that gun returned to it's owner. The gun I have now is suffering a different problem, where the slight often sticks part way back during the firing cycle. There is not problem with the trigger or mag release. :)

:zorro:

Oh. Oi. Reading comprehension! It helps.

Heh.

Well, my bent rail idea could still hold, just if the other end were deformed. Hmm...

Perhaps some sort of ding or deformity on the muzzle end of the slide or the barrel? I remember that my G18 hung up on the aftermarket barrel I put in it on cycling until I filed the hole in it a little wider. Maybe it got a piece of sand in the wrong place and wore a burr into it. Or better, got dinged and converted from a circular to more of an oval shape.

Can't be your lockup, I don't think. That would fudge things almost immediately into the cycle.

The only other things I can think of are what people already said. Maybe some people already said what I said, too. It's late in this time zone. Brain ain't working.

Has the outer barrel or chamber become deformed? I've seen plastic chambers become mangled after a "jam and slam" situation occurs, leading to akward cycling and problems similar to yours. I haven't seen it happen to a Glock, though. Just through the idea out.

• 1 year later...

there might be dirt or some other kind of obstruction between your slide (the front hole where the outer barrel goes through) and your outer barrel. I had the same problem. All I did was disassemble the slide, cleaned the front hole of the slide, and lubed it lightly. I also lubed the outside of the outer barrel slightly...problem solved.

• 2 months later...

Crapsterrr,

Did not find any help through search.

My KSC G19 is giving me some head scratching at this moment.

It will fire that one shot, when loading the gun normally.

The slide will rock back only partially and when returning forward, it will not move totally forward to original position.

When this has happened, the gun will not fire anymore. The trigger is held back. If I remove the mag and try to manually fiddle the slide, it will not umm fix...

After few tries, the slide will go totally forward and the trigger starts to work properly.

This gun came to me second hand, and it was very very dirty. I just cleaned her up.

Hammer and this part no19 in the slide, are worn looking.

Also, when looking the gun from the rear. The pin, which sticks up from frame at the left is worn from the tip.

Only thing, what is upgraded is the valve in the mag.

Cheers guys

-Hessu-

Mine did that... The slide wouldn't return fully forward after firing... I think it's caused by the mag sitting a fraction too high in the magwell... I know wrapping an elastic band around the bottom of each of my mags solved it for me!

Hessu, sounds like the slide is not pushing the hammer down enough. The "flipper part" under the slide should be in good condition for the hammer to cock positively. Otherwise it may just follow the slide and cause exactly the kind of problems you describe.

-Sale

• 1 month later...

Still my G19 dilemma persists.

I just noticed that the part no 78 firing pin was kaputt. So, i changed it to Shooters design steel pin.

Also i changed this "flipper part" to Firefly steel part.

In the gun there is also installed stronger hammer spring and the valve in the mag is Dremeled bigger.

G&G outer barrel is installed too. It reguired Dremeling quite a bit to work smoothly.

Recoil spring is stronger too.

The gun is still giving out the gas from the mag, when fired empty or with BB´s.

It seems to me, that the OEM plastic slide is slightly seperated from the lower frame and it seems to be expanding from the rear, when cocked.

Is the plastic slide too flimsy in the first place?

I heard that electric tape between slide and blow back unit would lower the unit and make it more in contact with nozzle and mag. No help there.

I tried with original setup, no difference. Only thing what changed is, that the gun will shoot out gas rapidly, as if shooting fullauto. Exeption is, that the slide will not make full cycle and in this case it would have to stop, due to empty mag. Strange.

Can a worn out hammer give me this malfunction? there is some wear in the hammer, not much.

I have, in my opinion, checked every possible part for wear and tear.

Would a metal slide correct this? I will check the plastic slide for cracks...

Cheers

-Hessu-

Archived