Original Dawn of the Dead

Xaccers

i havent got the film to hand at the moment..

but it sounds like two things:

1. i saw a cadet/training version of the M16A1 a while back, and it had a fixed magazine, but with a smaller internal magazine inside it that you could take out from within the fixed mag - so instead of swapping out the m16 mag, you'd swap out the smaller mag held inside, from the bottom. i presumed these were .22's or something.

2. i know there are 9mm conversion/versions of the m16/m4, and they quite clearly have different magwells, and quite clearly have 9mm mags hanging out the bottom, but i'm just supposing for a moment that they did the same as described above in the training m16a1, but chambered for 9mm instead of, say, .22's..

more than likely 1. though, unless theres a better explanation..?

with regards to sound, the only thing i'd say is not to rely on that too much as the audio always gets changed or replaced in post production.

and its nearly always changed for 'artisitic' reasons, also theyll change it for other reasons like how it mixes with the actors audio [for which they also replace using ADR].

It's because they are cap guns. If you watch the credits in the begining

of the film it will say "weapons supplied by Toy Gun Company" or something like that. And you can also se the same thing on teh revolvers they use. The bullets they use seem no bigger than 22 cal

:D

Archived