Marine Force Recon Greenside Loadout

Malcy-malc

I'm looking to emulate a Force Recon "greenside" loadout.

So far I have the issue MARPAT shirt & trousers, issue MARPAT boonie and M4.

I'm looking at getting the following to complete the loadout:

SDS MOLLE FLC Vest with various MOLLE pouches.

Magnum Elite Boots

Recon Wrap

ALICE Rucksack

Does anyone know if this is the right kit selection? Should I go for a LBV-88, CIRAS or FSBE instead of the SDS FLC vest?

I'd go for

Mich TC-2000

Ess NVGs

nomex hood (black or OD)

CWU nomex flight suit or Marpat BDUs

Nomex gloves

FSBE

SDS woodland pouches

Safariland 6004

Alta kneepads

Altama Jungle boots in black

That's just a light list, you'll want to add other stuff to it to make it spot on , like a drop leg panel with M4 mag pouches on etc.

They don't use helmets or armour vests on greenside operations. Drop leg holsters and panels aren't used much either. The issued vest is the FLC, but many opt for the LBV-88. Any real-deal LBV can be used though, since they are allowed to use a third-party vest. That list is fine, just add some bits, gloves, hydration etc. and it's good to go.

Safariland 6004 acts like a scoop for mud and is hell to crawl in, so I wouldn't recommend that.

MICH will be a PITA to move in.

Forget the nomex hood, too - you'll probably overheat. Stick some cam cream on your face like a man ;)

Ok, how would this sound as a new & improved Greenside loadout?

MARPAT Boonie

Recon Wrap

Camo Cream for Face

MARPAT Shirt (RAID)

SDS Improved Rack (I would like to use CIRAS but as the Recon guys dont seem to use it on a greenside mission then its out)

Various SDS MOLLE Pouches

Camelback Hydration Backpack

NOMEX Gloves (Green)

MARPAT Pants (RAID)

Oakley Special Forces Assault Boots / Bellville Boots

Is anything missing here?

Its true, they do have the BFAs. I'm going with...RS. I wouldn't put a BFA on my M4...

After talking with one of the instructors from Mountain Warfare Training Center, who is Force Recon, he got one of his buddies to stitch together his rig for him. Its a chest-rig, too, and t-o-i-g-h-t!

I wouldn't worry too much about headgear. The Recon out at MWTC didn't...at all. The boonie you have should be fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Woodland BDUs (or MARPAT if you want a more modern look), an old LBV-88, an alice ruck, some Bellevilles, a boonie/shemagh/cam cream look.

And an M14.

No BA/PC, no helmet, no leg rigs. Just easy to hump a lot a long way.

If only I had the money...

I realise that a weesatch would be a dirt shovel if empty, thus I intend to fill mine up, if I get one.

However the question i'm asking is would FR guys use it on a greenside mission?

only problem is what happens when you empty 1-2 mags and throw them in your dump pouch?

Hey we don't wear black boots anymore with the digital BDUs. The Marine Corps officially took them out of service last year. So get Desert leather boots. Boonie and Cami paint is best head set up or a shemagh. M14, M4, or M16. Most pistol carriers are officers, staff NCOs, or radio operaters, and sometimes Docs. Most of the time they will wear a green army cavalry waist holster or a leather old school cavalry shoulder holster. Hope this helps.

Thanks for all the advice guys, much appreciated!

Here's my final proposed listed loadout:

Head:

Woodland MARPAT Boonie

Camo Cream

Body:

Woodland MARPAT Blouse

SO Tech Force Recon Rig, with SO Tech Padded Straps & Hydration Carrier, SO Tech Bib, TT Radio Pouch, 2x TT Grenade Pouch, BHI Admin/Flashlight Pouch.

Legs / Waist:

Woodland MARPAT Pants

BHI Belt with Belt Pad, HSGI Leg Mounted Dump Pouch.

Feet:

Bates USMC Lightweight Boots

The very last question I have is, would it be better to have the Recon Chest Rig & Pouches in OD or CB for a woodland setup?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived