M14 E2 conversion kit by CAW

chas

DMR isn't specific to anyone rifle/stock. It's whomever is chosen to be the DMR and what he is issued.

Actually one of the newer M14 mods with the mc millan stock is called the DMR. And dmr stands for designated marksman rifle so do you mean "whomever is chosen to be DM"? rather than whomever is chosen to be a rifle...

DMR is used as a name for both a weapon class (like SAW) and as a name for a specific mod of the M14. In this case it is a specific rifle.

Actually one of the newer M14 mods with the mc millan stock is called the DMR. And dmr stands for designated marksman rifle so do you mean "whomever is chosen to be DM"? rather than whomever is chosen to be a rifle...

DMR is used as a name for both a weapon class (like SAW) and as a name for a specific mod of the M14. In this case it is a specific rifle.

I'm used to people calling the DM as DMR which can also be Deignated Marksman Rifleman redundant but hey it's the military. Yes the DMR is a weapons class. The corps classifies it as any gas operated, semi-auto, prone or shoulder fired 7.62mm rifle so not limited to the McMillan, that's all I was pointing out.

I'm used to people calling the DM as DMR which can also be Deignated Marksman Rifleman redundant but hey it's the military. Yes the DMR is a weapons class. The corps classifies it as any gas operated, semi-auto, prone or shoulder fired 7.62mm rifle so not limited to the McMillan, that's all I was pointing out.

no.... you missed my point... DMR is a weapon class but it is also used as the name for a specific rifle...

The Designated Marksman Rifle (DMR) is a semi-auto, gas operated, magazine fed,  shoulder or prone-fired 7.62mm rifle.    Designed to deliver precise, semi-automatic fire at ranges up to and beyond 300 yards; and capable of precise, semi-automatic fire out to 1,000 yards with M118LR special ball 7.62mm ammunition.    Built off of the venerable M14 rifle frame, the DMR is equipped with a fixed ten power scope attached to a modular M1913 MIL-SPEC rail;a fiberglass stock adjustable for length of pull and ambidextrous, adjustable cheek piece;

http://www.lejeune.usmc.mil/wtbn/DMR.htm

So, when used as a name for a weapon/model name the DMR does only limits to the M14 on mcmillan stock (with other tweaks).. it is only when you are talking abt it as a weapon class that it's not limited...

Archived