Where to get

Apex

A original TM AK V3 gearbox, just found the bushings are spining in the sokets thats there supose to be snapped into.....

Had a look on the uk sites and they don't seem to sell them :(

Best i found is a V3 CA AK Gearbox for 7mm bushing @ £60, thats rather a lot for the gearbox shell :(

I don't know where you will find a version 3 gearbox, but this info might help. I had the same problem last week when installing steel bushings in my AK gear box....Get a small punch or nail set. I used a 1/16 inch nail set from the hardware store. Get a small block of wood. Install the bushing and make sure it is fully seated. Place the gearbox over the block of wood (the block of wood is INSIDE the gear box, and you will punch from the outside) so that the wood is under the bushing and supporting it. Using the punch, "shrink" the hole by punching at the 12:00, 3:00, 6:00 and 9:00 positions. Don't use too heavy a hammer! I used the plastic handle of a chisel. Getting someone to hold the box while you punch is a big help! Also, I punched at 12, then 6 o'clock, 3 then 9 o'clock. I angled the punch slightly so that it would push the gear box metal toward the bushing. You only have to make it tight enough to overcome the friction that will exist between the axel of the gear and the bushing, so it doesn't have to be super tight. It'll be greased up after all ;) Hope that helps!

That may not be good for the gearbox, as you are disforming the metal(zinc) with a hammer.

You can try getting larger bushingsand enlarging the current holes ever so slightly.

Also, they have the same 7mm CA gearbox at Airsoft Atlanta for $75, but that doesn't help.

:rifle:

Yeah, allready looked into that option, would mean new bushings at the same time, rather a expensive way of doing it....and the bushings i have are slightly larger then normal....i wonder if i superglue them own would they stay in place.....

i wonder if them cheap UTG/CYMA/Well AK's gearboxs are compatable ??? mmmm time to investigate...

Yeah, allready looked into that option, would mean new bushings at the same time, rather a expensive way of doing it....and the  bushings i have are slightly larger then normal....i wonder if i superglue them own would they stay in place.....

i wonder if them cheap UTG/CYMA/Well AK's gearboxs are compatable ??? mmmm time to investigate...

I suspect the superglue would'nt hold for long, it does'nt key too well to metal in my epxeriance

You would be better of with some Loctite Green bearing lock, this is designed for that job. Car motor factors or local hardware stores should carry this

Good idea eh Machgo ;)

My idea is the perfect solution which I utilised on my CA 7mm ballraces.

ChiefLouk,

I used a 1.5mm approx flat nail punch simply to indent the metal surrounding the bearing at the prescribed positions. Of course you are going to use a hammer but your not hitting it full force with a sledgehammer it is a firm tap to bruise the metal. To tell someone to enlarge the holes and fit 7mm bearings/bushings is a recipe for disaster without knowing what your doing.

Apex,

What type of bearings are your using: plastic, plain metal or ballraces.

If you have plastic bearings then replace them with metal bearings immediately and do the above. It will only cost you about £8-£10 and is far cheaper than a new gearbox.

Definately do not use glue as that is not what it is designed for and will not last.

Good idea eh Machgo ;)

My idea is the perfect solution which I utilised on my CA 7mm ballraces.

ChiefLouk,

I used a 1.5mm approx flat nail punch simply to indent the metal surrounding the bearing at the prescribed positions. Of course you are going to use a hammer but your not hitting it full force with a sledgehammer it is a firm tap to bruise the metal. To tell someone to enlarge the holes and fit 7mm bearings/bushings is a recipe for disaster without knowing what your doing.

Apex,

What type of bearings are your using: plastic, plain metal or ballraces.

If you have plastic bearings then replace them with metal bearings immediately and do the above. It will only cost you about £8-£10 and is far cheaper than a new gearbox.

Definately do not use glue as that is not what it is designed for and will not last.

metal ones.....

not many options tbh :mellow:

I suspect the superglue would'nt hold for long, it does'nt key too well to metal in my epxeriance

You would be better of with some Loctite Green bearing lock, this is designed for that job. Car motor factors or local hardware stores should carry this

This it ? Looksi

If that doesn't work then

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...R3_srch_gearbox

or

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...B3_srch_gearbox

Archived