Primary Gas blow back?

boardslide113

Whish of these guns is the Most durable and best for field use?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Whish of these guns is the Most durable and best for field use?

• TM mk24 non blowback
    • TM Hi-capa 5.1
    • TM Hi-capa 4.3
    • TM sig p226
    • KWA USP 45 Metal Slide/Barrel

well of the guns you chose, only the USP has a metal slide stock, so only that gun can indisputably use green reliably, unless you are willing to dump another $100 on a metal slide for the p226 or hi-capa. You might want to look into other metal solutions besides the USP since you want to use green.

HFC m190, WE hi-capa, KWA m93r, KJW m9/p226

Honestly you don't need a metal slide for the 5.1 or P226. The first thing that wears down is the slide stop lever, and it has little if anything to do with what gas you use.

The P226 gives a performance very close to the 5.1 but gives you the advantage of more selection in holsters. The 5.1 is surprisingly big so if you think the Mk23 is way too bulky, you might find the 5.1 to be a bit on the large size. The P226 pretty much fits your descriptions: It has a good blowback, it's economical with gas, fits in holsters and you don't have to stay awake at night wondering when it's going to give in.

The full metal KJ P226 is really heavy and the slide movement seemed smooth when I handled one. It costs less than most metal kits for the TM P226 so you might want to give that a thought or two. Do notice that it eats more gas than the TM version and these cheaper brands have some quality issues from time to time.

-Sale

Hmm. So the p226 has a great rep from most people and the Hi-capa does to. What about the KWA? I like the metal slide idea because it is just nice to have but do you think the KWA is better quality then the TM's? or are the TMs just better all around. I really like all 4 of those guns and i am having a very hard time choosing.

That's my message in a nutshell. For example, a KSC/KWA or WA Beretta M9 will give you a working decocker. The TM lacks this, but they are affordable tools and there's an abundance of parts available for them. And the finish is honestly not that bad.

I have a TM 5.1 Hi-Capa at the moment, and a KWA G19 and I have experience with quite a lot of other TM and KSC (KWA) guns too. As you might notice from posts all around these forums, people have little if anything to complain about TM gas guns - mechanically. For clarity's sake let's exclude the ancient obsolete NBB series like the M-GB and Hardballer and such...

-Sale

if you're not planning to upgrade a TM to metal in the near future, I would go for the USP just for the 100% confidence in knowing that the slide will handle green gas. Sure, plenty of people have probably used the p226 on green without any issues (yet), but you just can't know for sure how long it will be able to handle it.

will P99 NBB's run on green ?

i hate to do the 'suggest something not even in the list" thing, but the Maruzen P99 NBB set is stunning. if it takes green, its what i woudl be getting. its as quiet as the SOCOM, but much smaller and comfier. also looks a hell of a lot better. and comes with a taclight.

easy to use it as an offensive weapon aswell.

It does. However it gets a good 360-370fps on it. Good for some sites that allow it, not for others. Brilliant gun though. Accurate as anything, will take down AEGs with ease, if that is your thing ;)

Archived