Primary Gas blow back?

boardslide113

Whish of these guns is the Most durable and best for field use?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Whish of these guns is the Most durable and best for field use?

• TM mk24 non blowback
    • TM Hi-capa 5.1
    • TM Hi-capa 4.3
    • TM sig p226
    • KWA USP 45 Metal Slide/Barrel

Well I have recently become sniper on my team and i am thinking of selling my AEG so i can have a back up handgun when i am sniping. I am somewhat of a newb when it comes to gas guns so I want to know which of the guns i have put in this poll is the most field worthy and relyable and durable. I am looking for a tuff gun that can handle propane and is somewhat acurate as handguns go. Any help or advice would be much help. Thank you.

Edit: I meant TM mk23 not 24. Sorry.

Godbless...

Mk 23 is out straightaway: won't take green, unless you mod the mags or buy STTI/KJW ones. Aside from that, it's helluva big to lug round, and may not be ideal as a sniper backup if you're going to be going prone.

After that, all the GBBs you've named are good, although for longer life and added l33tness, I'd add a metal slide. Course, if you want a cheap, reliable, full metal, have a look at the HFC M190.

*Runs before he can be accused of fanboy-ness*

:zorro:

Yeah the tm mk23 doesnt apeal to me very much anyways. My first thought was the TM hi-capa 5.1. Because it has a great rep on acuracy and taking green gas. And i know alot of people who use them in the field and swear by them. But the KWA usp 45 with metal slide/barrel is a new one and i havent heard much about it yet. So i am looking for imput from people who own one of these guns and have used them and know what they can do.

In my eyes, what's needed as a sniper backup is a deterrent. Something to put their heads down while you scoot away. A semi-auto pistol doesn't seem to do this to me. As a player, if the sniper suddenly switched to a pistol, it'd be like blood in the water for the assault guys.

On the other hand, if they got too close and suddenly a long burst from a full-auto gun started flying past them, they'll reconsider that approach.

In the woods, full-auto is king. Pistols just don't have the range or accuracy to be the deterrent you want, not compared to AEGs.

Fortunately, the MP5k IS an AEG, just a really really small one. Stick a single 200 round hi-cap into it and it'll cover your getaway just fine.

This all assumes you're playing an active sniper, moving and shooting, willing to high-tail it through the woods if someone sniffs you out. If you're a sedentary camper, then it doesn't matter what you carry. Probably a rubber knife would be best, so you can commit replica hari kari when the enemy finds you.

Put another way: will you get some kills using a pistol as a sniper backup? Probably. But if you die every time to get them, is that really what you want? A full-auto gun will put the enemy's heads down, giving you a chance to bolt out of sight and find a new position. And a TM MP5k will outrange most pistols I've seen by a long shot.

yeah i want propane because i dont want to be ordering gas all the time and ipropane is alot cheaper. Also i want a gun i can have holstered on my belt or thigh or under my arm. I am goin gto be moving but i also have a ghillie suit wich is my main weapon anyway. I am leaning twardy the KWA.

will P99 NBB's run on green ?

i hate to do the 'suggest something not even in the list" thing, but the Maruzen P99 NBB set is stunning. if it takes green, its what i woudl be getting. its as quiet as the SOCOM, but much smaller and comfier. also looks a hell of a lot better. and comes with a taclight.

easy to use it as an offensive weapon aswell.

Of what's on the list, the Mk23 has to win, as it's a NBB...

When I had mine I used Green Gas in it from time to time - I never had a problem with the vent valve, but you might find it overly powerful on Green Gas for skirmishing...

Of the others, I'd go with the SIG P226 - It's a sound little gun and seems reliable and powerful enough, coupled with decent accuracy.

Cheers.

yeah i want propane because i dont want to be ordering gas all the time and ipropane is alot cheaper. Also i want a gun i can have holstered on my belt or thigh or under my arm. I am goin gto be moving but i also have a ghillie suit wich is my main weapon anyway. I am leaning twardy the KWA.

I think if you're going to do propane, it would make sense to go with an all-metal pistol. The KJW M9 Elite does ~320 on green, and is full metal and cheap (~$90 or so), and can take RED gas in its stock state.

Mine can put 10/10 rounds in an 6-inch target at 50ft... even with a fixed hopup.

Meh as a sniper you need options and one option should be a full-auto backup.

Now as a sniper you want to be light weight and not have to worry about knocking your backup around (ie worrying about it's size too much) while you do your ninja-rolls in the grass that make the ladies go "ohhh I want that one".

If you're thinking about the Mk23 go with the Desert Eagle, the HFC version is as cheap as chips and is compatible with the TM version. Plus everyone drops a brick when they come up against one - and for good reason, propane will have it firing at around 328fps. However theres no full auto on it and it's huge!!!

Really you want something smaller, You've got your HFC M190/9 Full auto (beretta M9 basically), it's dead cheap and full metal - also compatible with the TM m9 versions. You can get some large 32 round TM M9 mags too. But as it's full metal you might find it gets a bit too heavy after a while.

(oh yeah great thing about the HFC mags are their inlet valves, they don't P**s gas all over the place when you're filling up).

Well then you got your Glocks, ohh lets see I always get muddled up with how many f'ing versions there are...you got 18C, 23F and the 26C (made by KWA/KSC - same thing). The 18 is the larger frame, 23F mid-size, 26C small size. I'd go with the 23F as it's a good size (and the brother of the Glock19, so you can use some Glock19 parts on it AFAIK). Theres 40 round mags available too.

Glock wins it for me in your scenario, it's: small, sleek, "uncomplicated" and has the firepower to make someone with an AEG and a 1500 round box mag think for just a few seconds before jumping around the corner at you. :D

I think modifying the magazines or having someone else do it for you isn't too much of a hassle. After that, there's no question about which gun is most reliable and field-worthy.

I have a TM 5.1 Hi-Capa myself and it rocks. I have seen quite a lot of GBB's and this one is by far the most accurate of them all. I really don't see a need for a metal slide unless it's for the "feel". When visiting Hong Kong, I got a ton of upgrade parts for it (just for kicks), but still no metal slide and barrel. An advantage over the Mk23 NBB is a much lighter trigger pull (even if you cock the Mk23) and faster firing rate thanks to the semiautomatic action.

-Sale

I kinda wante dto keep it to the guns on the list. The reason the glock is not on there is i really dont like how they look and everyone and there mom seems to have one on my team so i wante dto get something diff that would last forever. The KWA has that metal slide/barrel but i have heard nothing but good things about the hi-capa and then i have always had a crush on the p226 becaus ei owned a spring one and i love dthe feel. But i am looking for the most tough filed worthy of them all. That can fit in a holster and can take propane all the time. So thank you very much for all the adcice on the other guns. But info on those ones I have on the list ar ethe ones i am looking at. The Mk23 is kinda off my list becaus eit is huge and doesnt blow back i love the blowback action! so yeah.

Thanks again, Godbless...

Archived