VFC AKSU - few photos and first impressions

snorkelman

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That is totally awesome. I just hope that by the time I am able to save up money, the DX run hasn't stopped. Other than the serial numbers and the wood foregrip, is the Standard version still made out of the same materials such as steel parts and all?

Yup, Standard version is identical to the DX apart from grips and serial number. All steel etc. Slap some wood grips on there and you've got yourself exactly the same gun for $100 cheaper.

Would you say that the AKS74U is about the same size as an M4a1 with the stock extended and the barrel chopped about 2 inches/5cm? if so I like that size range because I have an M4 as of now and it feels comfortable at that size. My G3 is just really freakin long for the way I play and I hate being on the defense the almost entire time and want to take the offense in games now. I'm only 5'9 so I'm not that tall to be weilding a G3 and running and diving and stuff like that. My GF on the other hand plays airsoft and typically goes on the defense with her AIM M4 that I purchased but the range just doesn't work really... so we sorta are using the wrong guns, but I dont like M4's all that much and want a gun thats roughly the same size but an AK. And I'm thinking from the measurements that its about the same size with some barrel length exceptions. Thanks in advance!

My other question is, if I put new metal bushings in the gearbox, do I need to adjust the auto shimming springs/stuff or completely remove that, or will that basically just fix the shimming difference because it well... auto shims? I'm planning on putting the 1950mah NiMh 9.6v battery in it in 4/5A. It supposedly or as advertised on Cheapbatterypacks puts out 20-30 amps easily and more. I also plan on leaving the spring how it is.

slvrgtstang heres a couple o photos

aksum16.jpg

an XM177E2 (similar overall length to an M4 carbine) placed under an AKSU the white box is the overal size of the AKSU the blue box is the XM177E2

mp5aksu.jpg

An MP5 placed on top of an AKSU the red box is overall length of the AKSU, the yellow box is the length of the MP5

both photos were taen will all stocks unnfolded/extended and rested on top of each other with butt of the stocks aligned

re the metal bushings you should be able to keep the auto shimming with those (from memory thugh I think only two of the gears are autoshimmed) and it should adjust - though check the gears as usual afterwards any way just to be sure

as far as the spring goes if you're in the box its worth replacing spring (even at same power level of spring there are other makes that will offer you a slightly shorter spring and that can be less of a stresser to reassemble the box with)

That is totally awesome. I just hope that by the time I am able to save up money, the DX run hasn't stopped. Other than the serial numbers and the wood foregrip, is the Standard version still made out of the same materials such as steel parts and all? Or did they just cut costs and make it out of magnesium or pot metal? If its still the same materials minus the wood and serial numbers, I might just buy the standard version and make my own foregrips...

Yes! The standard version are use same materials.

You also can saw the picture below of VFC new products just release in Taipei militaria show. The MONDA Int'l(VFC Rep.) say they going to release the AKS-74 and AK-74 with in this year.

dsc06076.jpg

i think the top one needs modification, a bit of filing is what ive been told

the lower handguard is a direct replacement

for lots of info on AKs look at the ak picture thread and speak to the people there, they are very helpful

Aww... Is it possible that Aks-74un shows it´s dark sides after couble of gamingdays?

This is the case, i´ve heard that one fellow already got it´s aksu to loose it´s teehts from piston and break the tappetplate.

Well today my friend had some mystical problem to his dear Aks-74un.

It did´t fire at all even after battery swaping. The batterybox or what does it called, thing that cuts all electrics in the gun when something starts janking against too hard :)

Anyway, so where cut be to problem, motor didnt even make the "click" sound or nothing, no another friend tries to find out what´s wrong.

Anybody else now cases where the brand new ak-hottie has let someone down?

PS:ordered mine today.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know about what the amperage draw for Semi on a stock AKSU is? 20 or 25 or 30 or more than 30? Just curious for deciding on a battery appropriate for it. The GP2000's are sold out on Cheapbatterypacks.com and the 1950's are the next best thing, but I don't want it to be underpowered if semi is going to be used when its wanted. And spending $42 on a battery and then getting it and it not being the right thing would totally suck... Thanks in advance!

Archived