Problem with Adamt

hivemind

I worked a deal with Adamt in this thread:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...512&hl=mp5k+PDW

In the original post, he says:

I would reccomend getting a new lower reciever but you dont need one.

He also posted pictures of the gun that showed some slight damage. I sent him a money order for $185. To his credit, he shipped me the gun promptly. This was the last good thing to happen in this deal.

Here is the PM I sent him this last weekend after finally getting a chance to unpack the gun and look it over:

So I finally had a chance to look at this MP5k PDW I bought from you, and I'm a little upset.

Dude, there's no way this thing is going to go together without buying a new lower. This thing is busted all to hell. There is not a single body pin hole in one piece. What you called a crack is actually pieces busted off and glued back on. And I can't use a lower from a UTG MP5 as you said I could, they're different shapes and dimensions.

Furthermore, there's missing body pins and screws. You couldn't have put the small parts into a baggie before shipping it? There were holes in the box, and I have no doubt some small parts fell out.

Now, the gearbox looks good, although I haven't fired it since I can't assemble this gun as-is. Time will tell on that.

But you need to do something about the body, this is unacceptable. Replacement parts are going to have to come from Hong Kong. The lower is like $30, replacement pins and screws are going to run me another $20 or so, and then I have to pay shipping from HK.

I'm expecting $60 or $70 back from you to make this a good deal. Right now I've got a decent gearbox and a useless pile of body parts that I can't assemble.

Here is a picture of the lower that I actually got. Adamt is quite the artist with the super glue, every body pin hole was reconstructed with the stuff:

bustedlower.jpg

bustedlower2.jpg

They all broke off between unpacking it and trying to fit the parts together.

He keeps insisting that I can in fact use a UTG MP5 lower in place of the TM MP5k lower. Even though he advertised the gun as usable (albeit disassembled) and it's not, I was willing to let it go if I could use a UTG part I had around. The following pictures show (sorry for the blurriness) the difference in dimensions:

mp5klower.jpg

utglower.jpg

Notice the difference in lengths of the raised part. No, it's not much, maybe 2-3 mm, but when you need to seat a 5 mm pin in those holes it makes a difference.

mp5klowerwidth.jpg

utglowerwidth.jpg

Notice also that the MP5k lower is significantly wider than the UTG lower. But according to Adamt in PMs:

A utg lower will fit. cut the flap on the back off and drill a small hole on the back for the body pins to go through.

This is nonsense. Sure I could force it, but I don't want that - I want a working gun, which is what he purported to sell me. I asked a lot of questions in PMs, as I was leery of buying a used gun, and he repeatedly reassured me that it was a great gun. Instead, I can't even put it together.

I'm hoping that this post will have some effect on the guy, as over half of his posts are in the sales forums.

You sold me a broken gun, and you knew it was broken when you sold it to me. You also packaged it so poorly that some of the parts were lost in shipping.

Adam, either give me the $60 I'll need to get replacement parts from Hong Kong, or refund all my money. I don't want you to send me more body pins (which is all he has offered to do) as I don't trust you anymore.

Make this right.

I have had some problems with AdamT in the past. I traded him my MP5 for two Maruzen M1100s. When I first got them, the whole RAS unit was missing among other small parts on one of them. He ended up sending me the bulk of the parts, but Im still missing some small nuts, nuts so small normal hardware stores wont sell them.

he also sold his maruzen m870 for a ridiculous price to navymp and it was leaking.

he said it was all SORTS of super glued up. and he told me this all before reading this story.

i wouldnt trust the guy

I know Nick (navymp28) personally, and he told me the same thing. Gun was all screwed up. Adamt ended up sending him a baby hi-capa to make up for it.

Adam, I know you're reading this. Please make this deal right. Send me the cost of replacement parts, or send me a refund.

Me too, but I don't have a lot of hope at this point. He was on the site today, but he hasn't anwswered a PM or this thread in days.

Looks like I'm taking a bath on this one. Maybe I'll part out all the body parts that aren't broken and try to recoup some money.

I'm kind of surprised the Mod's don't take an active stance on helping in these types of subjects.  Most of the forums I'm on restict the bad traders activity until they address his/her thread, if bad trade does not come to a decent conclusion the user would be banned from trade forums.

Mods are not omnipotent, and nor are you.

AdamT has already recieved a warning and banned from creating sales threads based upon this issue, but we can't stop him browsing and using the PM system to take part in trades. That's what the 'bad traders' thread and the rep system is for - so you can check if a seller has had problems before.

Having done exactly that, he flags up once.

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...=52494&hl=Adamt

and the deal was resolved amicably, so we saw no reason to restrict his trading on that basis.

The other complaints made in this thread were not raised as issues at the time, posted on the forum, or brought to our attention, so how, exactly, where we supposed to know? :rolleyes:

th reason it has takens me so long to get back to you is becasue the forums have been down since yesterday off and on. you say the lower is wider but I know it is not if it was don't you think the selector lever would have to be longer to fit? They do not make special mp5-k selector levers. All the other problems I have had I resolved by sending them the missing parts but you are been a ###### about it and refuse to acccept anything from me. I cleary told you the lower receiver was broken! Remember me sending you this picture after you asked about the lower receiver's condition?

dsc00401largelarge1ay.jpg

You are not being a reasonable person so I can't and refuse to work with you any further on this deal. I have done alot of sales and trades here on arnies and I admit whenever there was a problem I came through and did what I could to make things right. You can't please everone and hivemind is a perfect example.I have tried to work somthing out with him but he is being to close minded about the whole situation basically he is saying his way or no way.

What you said was it was cracked. You said nothing about doing reconstructive surgery on it with super glue. You said the gun would go together. It clearly cannot, since all the body pin holes in the lower are broken (not cracked).

If you have a spare lower then send it.

If you don't, then refund my money, or send me the money to get replacements. Those are the two acceptable optioins. The unacceptable option is you offering to send me more pins and not doing anything about the body. As far as the missing pins and screws go, I can't even assemble a lits there's so many missing.

You sold me a broken gun. Give me a refund, or give me the money to get replacement parts for parts you said would work, and don't.

If all the body pin holes are broken and not just "cracked" it would be a clear case of misrepresentation.

Did you pay through paypal? I purchased an item from ebay which was misrepresented and that gave me the grounds to make a claim and at least receive some of money back.

Hope you guys sort things out, its a shame to see such a bad atmosphere on this site.

Lee

I never said I diden't trust you. The two gbb's I am trading you are brand new and have picture or video to prove this. All of my other trades and sales worked out fine here on arnies except this one problem. Don't you think if the pdw was in 100% working order it would have been assembled? you knew going into this deal that the lower was beaten up. I am not going to send you sixty dollars it will NOT happen I will work somthing out with you for a lower price though.

You stated in your post that:

I would reccomend getting a new lower reciever but you dont need one. all the parts are to to get it running and the gearbox works perfect(ver3).

Clearly all the parts to get it running are NOT here, as the lower is FUBAR. You told me it was CRACKED, not destroyed and rebuilt with superglue.

I can't find a Marui lower for this gun anywhere, but WGCshop has a CA MP5k lower for $28. Add to that $20 worth of missing pins and screws and nuts, and another $20 for shipping from HK, and that's $68. I figure $60 is more than reasonable for all the hassle and missing stuff this gun got sent to me with.

FFS I could have bought a brand new MP5k for what I paid you for this gun that doesn't even go together!

[EDIT] I didn't see this before, I don't pay any attention to AIM, but lucky me! Now I get harrasing IMs from him too!

IRIDEAREDLINE860: Having fun giving me neg rep on arnied and acting childish?
FFS I could have bought a brand new MP5k for what I paid you for this gun that doesn't even go together!

forget about the gearbox internals?if the gun was bone stock I would have sold it for much less.

Arguing on the internet is like being in the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded.

cadburry you opted to post in this thread so I have every right to post in your's. I have owned two m110's and both had shell ejecting problems.

whataidiot5eb.png

One more thing it looks like you broke the utg lower in the back where you drilled the holes. does this explain why your pushing me to compensate you for a new lower? Take the gearbox out and put the two halves together then put the lower on. It fits doesent it? You are going to have to change the wiring that wiring job was custom for a metal body that was on there. that is why the gun wont go together.

whataidiot5eb.png

One more thing it looks like you broke the utg lower in the back where you drilled the holes. does this explain why your pushing me to compensate you for a new lower? Take the gearbox out and put the two halves together then put the lower one. It fits doesent it? You are going to have to change the wiring that wiring job was custom for a metal body that was on there. that is why the gun wont go together.

well, this thread does specifically mention you by name, and is in the "bad sellers" section.

Anyone who's got an axe to grind with you, and it sounds like there are more than can be ignored, can post in such a thread. While you're also entitled to post in such threads, we'd prefer it if you tried to keep it civil, and limit yourself to finding ways to resolve the disputes, rather than acting like there's nothing wrong and its all the buyers fault.

All this petty, childish raspberry-blowing behaviour that you are going in for does not help your case.

Archived