Problem with Adamt

hivemind

The gearbox internals are, quite frankly, massive overkill for a CQB gun. They're nice, but not necessary by any means. Besides, they don't mean jack if I can't put the gun together.

Did I break that UTG MP5 lower drilling holes? Yup. Do I have another one? Yup. Is that relevant to you selling me busted junk you said was usable? Nope.

I made the width work by dremeling out the UTG lower. It ain't pretty, but I made it fit. The problem is that the regular MP5 lower isn't long enough to reach both sets of body pin holes on an MP5k. Furthermore, even if it was long enough, you mailed it all in a box full of holes with all the little screws and parts rattling around in the bottom, so some of them are missing.

Any anyway, you were supposed to be selling me

TM mp5k pdw, In peices but they are all there.

which was not the case.

Me having the parts or the ability to replace your busted lower with my own spare parts is not the issue, nor the deal. You were supposed to send me a gun that could be put together, and you sent me busted junk.

http://www.precisionairsoft.com/item895.htm

Precision Airsoft has CA MP5k lowers in stock. Only place in the US I can find them. I'll pay the shipping on the order, and I'll take care of the missing pins and screws, just send me $55 for the new lower and we're straight.

A disassembled gun, a pic of the lower (which any moron could see was busted up and GLUED, I can see glue all over it! and that it was BROKEN). Plastic doesn't just 'crack' it BREAKS.

You accepted a faulty product, its your own fault, get over it. I dont think that AdamT was a great seller here, and probably did all he could to avoid saying 'yeah, the lower SHOULD be replaced, but MIGHT work if you're a cheapskate' - but the fact is that the gun was taken apart, and that he ADMITTED there was damage BEFORE the sale, thats now the buyer's problem.

Adamt isn't someone I'd deal with right-off, but ya know what? I dont think hes THAT far out of line - give the buyer $20 and call it good, $68 is WAY out of line - its not the sellers responsibility to BUY a NEW peice because a USED one had been PREVIOUSLY damaged, TOLD the buyer it was DAMAGED and then the buyer broke it EVEN MORE.

But whatever... Always realize that whatever 'used' peice of kit you get is likely far worse than any 'used' peice of kit you've ever sold to someone else...

Based on some particularly nasty abuse of the PM and rep systems, Adamt is now banned.

PM me if you need to contact him.

Well I am a day late anda dollar short on this, If I had known Dave (Hivemind) had gotten the MP5 lower from Adamt I would have said something sooner. Well I got an M870 from Adam that was said to be in fine working order. It worked for three to five shells. Then began to vent gas like it was going out of style.

I had no choice but to open it up and it was the tubeing that he put into it, there was super glue all over the place inside. The tubeing was secured to the gas cylinder with superglue, also once the trigger assembly was removed it was discovered that the shell elevator wa groken as well causeing jamming issues and racking the Shotgun quite hard. Thus breaking the superglue seal for the gas tube. And when my wife looked at it (She is far more mechanical than I) She noticed that the shell elevator had superglue on it as well, to hold it together. Basically it apeard as if Adam had done some Suprglue patchwork to make it "Functional" before it left him.

The Body was beatup as well, missing one of the body pins that hold it together, the buttstock is broken in several places. So long story short the gun of my dreams, (I love shotguns, use em alot in my job) With Shell ejecting and gas powerd :D became the gun of my nightmares...And has become a bigger headache than I anticipated.

I contacted KrazyL to see what his take was seeing as how he was the previous owner of the shotgun. He said Adamt must have knackerd it all up cause it was quite the sexy girl when he sold it to Adam.

Well long story short Adam did send me a Gas pistol that for all intents and purposes is fine, but I still feel as if I paid more than the gun was worth regardless, I might be able to get it working again but it's going to take time and extra parts and money. If Adamt had just been upfront about it and sold it much cheaper I would have most likely still bought it as a project.

Anyway I am not posting to take jabs at Adamt, we resolved..more or less the issue. But I feel giving the circumstance that I need to share this experience as well.

Nick-

Navymp28

:EDIT:

In the rep points I have a +1 for Adamt, this was before the gun broke, like 12 hurs before anway <_< But I did not feel like neg repping him because as stated we came to an agreement...still not the best but something so I did not feel it waranted the neg rep. Just thought I would clear that up before the question is raised.

If anyone has questions comments or crits, you can email me at doctordoomx@yahoo.com

It's less stress for me to let this one go. I've ordered a new CA lower to replace the busted TM one. I just hope now that the gearbox works as advertised...

Also, late2wake generously offered to send me his old TM MP5k lower (he replaced it with a CA one as well) for the price of shipping. I've already ordered a CA one myself, but I really appreciate the offer.

So, mods, this has been as resolved as it's going to be. You can go ahead and close it if you so desire.

Lets hope Adamt doesn't re-surface as someone else and continue his bad trades.

His name is Adam Tyrrell. He's from Wenatchee, Washington. I'm not going to post his phone number or street address, that's just wrong, even for someone who screwed me. If anyone wants them to make sure they're not dealing with him, please PM me and I'll provide them to you.

Adam is a standup guy he sells quality items and if they aren't new he cleary states this. His email is: iridearedline860@gmail.com.

And who would you be?

You wouldn't think of making a duplicate account just to back up your friend, especially after he specifically said:

I could care less if I get banned from this *suitcasey* site that deosent work half the damn time and most of the mods are cock sucker brits!

:rolleyes:

I think we're done with this topic.

Archived