CYMA and Matrix

Fuser

I recently bought a 2006 Matrix AK-47 from Evike.com. When it came, I didn't think much of it, I thought the order turned out fine, and the gun operated fine. However I recently heard that the gun model called the CM.028 is manufactured by CYMA. I though that model # sounded farmiliar, so I went upstairs and checked my box. Sure enough, it says 'CM.028' in big letters on the lid, something I overlooked/didn't care about when I got it.

So, what's the story? Are CYMA and Matrix the same company? Is Matrix a sub-division of CYMA? Did Evike.com mess up my order? What the héll does CYMA stand for anyway?

Heres the web page that I ordered it from:

http://www.evike.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv...Code=AEG_MATRIX

So, what's the story?  Are CYMA and Matrix the same company?  Is Matrix a sub-division of CYMA?  Did Evike.com mess up my order?  What the héll does CYMA stand for anyway?

Matrix is a brand invented by CSI to sell the new Chinese airsoft guns to the fools, er, people who are turned off by the name Cyma (as, in fact, Cyma managed to churn out one POS after another for quite a long time). Leapers did the same with the name UTG to release the new Well AEGs (because Well products weren't that well a year ago or earlier - excuse the pun).

Cyma is not an acronym - if you run some Chinese airsoft shop page thru an autotranslator, you'll get it spelled as "Sima", while "Well" is still spelt "Well" using capital latin letters (before translation, that is).

Of course, this problem strictly regards the American market only. In Europe, Cyma and Well are sold under their own brands.

• 2 weeks later...

sorry to resurect this post and hijack it but thast better than making a new post right? I'm looking into buying a new MPEG/AEG so I was looking at airsoftatlanta and then somebody mentioned evike so I went there to look. Needless to say I found this Matrix 5. From the looks of it I like the looks better than the UTG however I do not know of this brand and from what I've read its CYMA is that correct? So a CYMA review of the same gun would be the same as a non-existant Matrix 5 review, right?

-Pce

ok.  thanks for the link. Now I jsut have to search for a better place to buy from unless the place you linked me is a good dealer.

It's a great dealer.

But AirsoftMall on eBay is selling the CM.027 at very low prices.

They are BIN and best offer, I made an offer on a CM.028 for $79.99 shipped and they accepted! So make an offer like $69.99 shipped for a CM.027 and they'll probably do it.

Archived