metal gear solid 2 M9

leftyliao

Congrats. You've lost the argument, if there was one. My points have all been based on fact and logic. You bring "You're bullying me with your post count" to the debate. Explain to me exactly how that works.

Anyway. You're wrong. That's not an opinion, it's fact based on real world firearms and observation of the videogame. Let it go. There is no shame in realising you made a boo boo, there is shame in clinging desperately to a point that is wrong. But, if you really want, let's do this to the bitter end.

So, you're saying that, in a world where bipedal nuclear tanks can be constructed, it would be impossible for an M9 to have a slide lock added? That it would be impossible for someone to make a stronger slide? But it's still possible to make a walking tank, despite no one so far even managing to make a robot that can walk that well, let alone contain fire control systems, radar, etc?

Have you watched the animation when Snake reloads the M9 after each shot? Apparently not. Does he drop a new round into the chamber? No. He racks the slide. And again: the gun feeds from a 15 round magazine. You simply cannot argue your way round that fact.

Finally: of course we're talking videogame fantasy! That's the topic of the thread! If you aren't interested in it, why are you posting here?

:zorro:

unless we ask Hideo will probably never know what he intended anyway.

Or we could look at the in game model of the gun in first person veiw were the slide stays forwards untill Snake/Raiden cocks it, also after the last round he/she cocks the slide after inserting a new mag, unlike with the USP/Socom, wich gets its slide release flicked to chamber a new round.

Heh, he said cock.

Anyhoo, I just played MGS2 substance in 1rst person view on my pc, and sledge was right, Snake pulls rakes the slide after every shot. I would make an .gif pic if I had photoshop.

Ah... The torture scene.... Man, he clocked my auto-fire so fast....

:wub: Sledge though, excellently put forward argument, and he was indeed correct (just had some MGS playing- Awesome)

BUT- Back on topic, I would like to see how this gun works out, because i had a similar idea for the SS M9, but just never persued it.

Dom

Western Arms GBB M9:s should be easily modified to prevent blowback action. Just block the valve lock from working (on the magazine) by inserting a washer under the screw or something. Might also need a strong recoil spring but further modifications aren't complicated. One guy I know did this to his USP Tactical and the slide would jerk a little after each shot, but had to be cocked again. The key issue is whether the hammer hits the firing pin only briefly, or does it remain protruding into the magazine well.

This way you'll get NBB type action, but have to rack the slide instead of just cocking the hammer after each shot. The slide will lock back after the last shot and you'll be the coolest person on earth.

-Sale

i believe sledge just burnd tha tguy, oh well its not a big deal anyways, i dont see the point in locking the slide if you need it for games, itll be more a burden than a tool, wait...does that even make sense? lol, but you should probobly get a nbb if you want it to be quiet on aemi auto, otherwise the blowback will probobly give you away anyways

i think in the game, you have to rack the slide after every shot because he's using tranquilizer rounds.

think about it, gbb & real steel uses high pressure gas to operate the slide to load another round and eject the last round's casing. with the tranquilizer rounds, its probably propelled by a pressurized gas, like co2 or nitrogen, so it wouldn't have enough force to fire the round AND rack the slide. so the design of the gun forces the user to rack the slide after every shot.

Oh dear god, not again... 

The gun has a slide lock, ok? That's how it's described in Codec conversations, and how it functions in game.

:zorro:

In his defense (not that he's right), who actually reads ALL of the codec conversations?

Archived