just an article i came across

oikoik

sorry if its been posted before..

http://www.jsonline.com/news/state/dec04/285588.asp

Posted: Dec. 19, 2004

Look out, paintball - here comes Airsoft.

Airsoft is a sport just like paintball but played with realistic military-style guns that shoot 6-millimeter, biodegradable BB pellets without the mess of the paint in a paintball.

Airsoft started in Japan, and now is making its way onto paintball fields in the U.S.

edit:

they killed the link!!

heres the google cache:

http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:bClKl...ec04/285588.asp

The airsoft community in southeast Wisconsin, USA has been hit a few times because of irresponsible retailers, customers, and parents. The county next to mine went into action by enforcing a law banning the use of airsoft and paintball equipment on the county. The local retailer in the city was put under heavy pressure and gave way and now cease to stock airsoft guns. With all the bad media, it was nice to get some decent coverage from the newspaper.

haha yea... cost in paintball is huge contrast to cost in airsoft... i've got most of my airsoft equipment at blowout deals, and still my friend is still saving up trying to afford something like an "angel paintball gun."

2 of my friends have those angels, and they want something else now, lol :P

Paintballers can cheat, too. It's just as easy, only, if you're called out on it, the ref'll check you for fresh paint. I had a ton of people not calling out while I was playing p-ball yesterday. To me, the selling point on airsoft was the realism, I'd rather fire a 1911 or M9 than a few pieces of metal tubing.

true, i had an angel and was bored after about a day. also i wore normal dpm kit when playing paintball, not for any particular reason but because i didnt have a bright yellow/green ice hockey top i didnt "fit in". give me an ak47 and a 600 rd clip any day of the week.

Archived