Custom Pistol work

clmwrx

I am going to quote from the local forum, and I will post new work pictures when I feel ready to.

Well I got bored today. Trying to prolong the inevitable task of mowing the lawn (hey I am just building up a story as I have no problem mowing a lawn for 20 bucks ;) ). So I took the gun into the workroom, and got to work with many types of sand paper and compounds. I am not finished YET, but I want this to be a post of my progress. That way we can see how it transforms. BTW the gun is an hfc darkhawk which no longer works, and it is pure ######. So do not buy one unless you like buying excrement.

So here are the first few pictures. I think the outer barrel is finished.

polishedouterbarrel5lh.th.jpg

Now I know the last thing you want to see is my face, but I did this to show off the polish. If you do not have experience trying to take a picture of shiny things then you do not understand. Otherwise you will get it.

img01492pr.th.jpg

Now this is the gun after some more work.

img01591ko.th.jpg

I tihnk the first polishing stage is about done. Now it is time for custom trademarks and porting. The next steps is where I can really ruin this thing

Ok the trademarks will be done with an engraving machine in the workroom. I will just have to make a custom rig to hold the slide in place. Also does anybody have any good suggestions as to which drill bits will work best with the pot metal? Any comments as to what to work on are greatly appreciated. If this is not the proper section please tell me.

What do you use to get that mirror finish?

Tons of sandpaper, and 3 or 5 diamond compounds on the spinning wheel.

The sandpaper started at 400 grit and I went up in grit until I got to 2000. Then I used the compounds on the spinning wheel for quite some time. Which it is hard to do the barrel as it is round obviously.

Tons of sandpaper, and 3 or 5 diamond compounds on the spinning wheel.

The sandpaper started at 400 grit and I went up in grit until I got to 2000. Then I used the compounds on the spinning wheel for quite some time. Which it is hard to do the barrel as it is round obviously.

if that gun works hit me up on AIM sometime and I'll buy it.. :blink:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived