KSC Mk23 Commercial version

SilentScope

I think someone mentioned this already. It should be the same gun as thier other 05s, just different markings. This is just the US civ version.

Could be the lighting, but it looks very ABS to me. If it is under 1000g or so, it is ABS, and I'd avoid it.

I searched it and found nothing but I wouldn't be surprised if you were right.

It sure looks glossy in the DEN picture to me. Compare it to pictures on their site of other Mk23s. I just noticed something though, the one in the DEN picture has no serial number/proof marks while the one in the Tokyo Model has them. Funny right?

It does have the proofings and date code on it - it's very hard to see but it's there - but looks very lightly etched into the slide.

And though it might look really ABS, that's what the real deals look like on both the civilian models and the USSOCOM one. It's the special Maritime finish H&K uses to resist salt water corrosion. Extremely hard finish, and yes it's very shiny.

I think it was only mentioned in the general discussion, probably how you missed it, nobody really cared.

I think I spotted another difference...the sights have the small side dots the other models lack ( and many people paint on).

I know the real deal is fairly shiney, but I'd hate not having the HW, if it is indeed ABS. KSC HW is 95% as good as metal, and my 05 HW slide is just ever so slightly heavier than my SD metal one.

Checking out Den's page for it...they say it is only 1050g, about 200g lighter than the HW...Until someone sees one and tells me otherwise, I think it is safe to assume its ABS.

It has a abs frame and hw slide coated with enamel (I think it's enamel).

I was looking at the bbs at the ksc-guns.co.jp and read that the slide is painted and has some blemishes. When you translate their web site, you can read that the shinny slide finish was intentional to mimick the civi mark23. But I thought that HK stopped making the civi mark23 with shinny finishes. Read it somewhere at hkpro forum someone saying that the mark23 comes with slide finish similar to the usp series nowdays.

Thank you FarEast. Have you seen this replica in person?I would appreciate your take on its looks.

But I thought that HK stopped making the civi mark23 with shinny finishes.  Read it somewhere at hkpro forum someone saying that the mark23 comes with slide finish similar to the usp series nowdays.

All the newer HK handguns have a little JS to the upper right of the HK logo, which this replica does not. HK has also discontinued sales of the Mk23 in the US so there aren't too many of these newer matte ones. I hope KSC didn't cut corners with their replica the way HK has been doing with the real weapon.

Archived