Hydration pack

doc_newstead

I got my hydration pack yesterday, but it came with no instructions. I was just wondering if those of you who use them could give me a few tips on caring for it (brand doesn't matter too much, they all hold water alll in the end).

I filled it up to test it out, and emptied as best I could, but obviously it remains a little damp. How do I maintain the bladder when I'm not using it? Are they treated to prevent mould? Is there a certain technique to it?

I need any advice, as I don't want the thing to go rotten after Day 1 :)

advice/thoughts appreicated.

Well there is a very thorough guide on this here website :) I found it by accident, so shame on you mods for not telling me ;)

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/?filnavn=/r...lbak_review.htm

It was a bit of a mission getting the bladder out at first (they do wedge them in some), but I've given it a thorough washing, and and I've wedged it open to let the air in. I hope to get plenty of use out it :)

If you close the valve and make sure the fill cap is on tight it wont mold, the spores cant get into it to grow. This is just what Ive noticed with mine anyway, I just close it up and leave it, I clean it every once in a while when the water starts to taste like rubber.

Archived