Marui M4 owners? You could help me

FUmiYAsu

All I need to know is whether the stock plastic Marui M4 body has a metal rail and is it removable.

I am trying to get one to stick on a SP M16, if both facts are true I am also interested in buyin the plastic body off you people tht have upgraded to metal bodies...

Any help would be appreciated :)

Well aren't you a lucky one. I recently upgraded a friends Mauri M4A1 to a systema metal body - and I conveniently kept all the spare parts form his plastic AEG. To answer your question, yes they are metal, including the black bit you can see in the attached pictures which are part of the unit.

Attached are images of the unit, not much point getting one if it won't fit - this should tell you if it will or not. Sorry about the awful, dire quality og pictures however, i'm using my camera phone for this.

post-3137-1105400539_thumb.jpg

post-3137-1105400551_thumb.jpg

post-3137-1105400561_thumb.jpg

thx for all the replies..

yea. I am trying to get a flat top...

You see, the thing with classic guns is the lack of aftermarket parts... So it's either cuting off the handle and stick the rail on or buy a real steel upper to put on...(both had been done and proved quite successfull with the RS upper being the better result of cuz) However I am in the UK so no RS parts for me....Therefore the only way forward is the cutting... Sounds like a scary and possibly doggy job but, some people have managed to do it quite well...Apart from the rail not align with the RIS rail...

my DT teacher helped me to mill a flat surface on a gun part a while ago in the school workshop and it was really well done so I should probably be able to do this...

btw vince, I pm'ed you... :D

Archived