Western Arms pistols

Vamp V^^V

First off, I don't want to get completely flamed by any owners of Western Arms handguns out there, as I'm just going to ask a simple question -

Are they worth the money?

I mean, they have to be THE sexiest pistols I've ever seen, the workmanship on them looks incredible. But for GBB pistols, I think they're pretty damn expensive. Especially compared to KSC, which still often come with full metal bodies.

I've also heard that because of their hefty price tag, and other factors, WA pistols aren't that suitable for skirmishing, more of a collectors piece or something to plink with every now and again.

I was just wondering what the general view on this was. I'm sorry if this has been asked umpteen times before, but I haven't visited the forums much, and I couldn't find any threads relating to this question.

Vamp

They're worth the money... until they comeout with another style of 1911's that you like better than the one you just bought a week ago.

As long as you don't buy a magna tech, most WA's come with HW slide and frame, which has zinc mixed in, so it feels like metal.

Aren't that suitable for skirmishing? It's a myth. You'll be fine with a WA on the field.

Alright, cheers!

It's good to know that WA are good in the field, I might buy one later this summer when I actually have some funds.

And lol, noob3r, I can see what you mean, when scrolling through all the WA guns I keep thinking "I want that one.. no.. that one.. no, that one.." etc. I think I'd have a lot of trouble making up my mind as to which one to buy.

Are there any in particular you'd suggest? Or any good places to get hold of them?

I've been airsofting for about 2 years now, I've never owned a gbb always borrowed someone's. I'ved played with all sorts of gbb's ones from tm, ksc and etc. I find that the feel on the Western Arms is solid and very detailed. That is why I bought my first gbb this past week and it was a WA Kimber TRL II, it feels great and shoots great.

I acutally just ordered WA Wilson Combat FBI Trial pistol from GnG. Excellent price on their part, it's on sale for $160, pretty darn good deal. Hopefully I'll get it tommorow or saturaday (if packages are delivered on saturdays)

But anyway, from what I've read, SCW2 still isn't up to par to TM on performance, but details and quality of casting is absolutely perfect. Also, as mentioned they use a HW materiel, zinc powder mixed in with ABS.

My theory is, if you doubt whether it's worth it, WA may not be the company for you, but considering I don't even have my WA yet, I may be speaking to soon.

Archived