Gas SVD

Jorge14

OK, some quick impressions. First off, in one of those WTF moments, the manual - with G&P logos on front and back - is for the infamous PDI Dragunov. So all the diagrams on adjusting hop-up, using the external air source, and breaking down the gun are WRONG. They are for a completely different gun, that works in a completely different way. The first clue was the fact that the manual is in Japanese, then the rest is clear if you know anything about either SVD.

Having said that, the gun appears to have some redesigns, but not many. Still no hop up. The blowback now has some sort of limiting unit to keep it from going too far back. The same materials are used so the screws will still grind down the bolt collar over time. The build quality of the external body and such is still excellent and the mags are the same as the ones before. The gun shoots harder than before, and the one I have has the fill hole in the correct spot.

So I can't really recommend it to anyone as a stock gun. I'm having steel internals built for it along with hopup and an external co2 input installed. This will add another $500 to the gun but if you REALLY want one that performs like it's SUPPOSED to, it's well worth the money. Otherwise it's still the lame duck it was before and I'd advise you to stay clear of it.

Archived