a UTG m87 under a M15A4

mrwonderful239

hey i saw some pics in the armlite tread, and one had a sawed off m87 spring shotgun. and i was wondering if there was a way or something to guide me when i cut the handel off. and how to i mount it. where can i find a double sided thingy for 2 ris rail going at eachother. and lastly would it be easy enough to be done by a newb.

You need to remove the pistol grip (unscrew the allen bolt in the back of it, and then unscrew the screws from the side of it), when you do this you can see some "prongs" sticking out the back of the receiver and this is what you want to cut off. It leaves a hole in the back of the receiver which you should probably fill.

As for RIS to RIS, the best way of doing it is taking the clamps from two armalite carry handles, but this means you need two carry handles in the first place and leaves you with two unusable ones.

I used the mounting clamps from a cheap ebay red dot but it's not fantastically strong.

It leaves the gun very front heavy, and I've a solid stock, it's going to be damned uncomfortable with a sliding stock if that's what you have. I took the weights from the shotguns pistol grip and put them in my solid stock but it's still too front biased, at some stage I'm going to get some more weights for it.

Archived