Silencers in the US?

0nslaught

i was searching around Dentrinity and WGC and found this beautiful silencer for my gun:

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...T_cat_Silencers

im wondering if customs will allow a silencer to enter the US from overseas. will they be like "oh no a silencer" and send it back or something or will they let it through and to my house.

He may have been pompous, but he was right, silencers can't have the ability to actually silence and be legal in the States (at least I know its true is VA, maybe its just a state law). But most airsoft silencers don't actually silence the gun, so you shouldn't have a problem.

Not that it really applys here. But anyone that can legally own a gun in the US can have a silencer for said gun. There is a good bit paperwork and fees and a long waiting period. But you can have one.

Anyway, as for the airsoft silencer. It shouldn't be a problem as most are just hollow tubes with no silencing properties.

i was searching around Dentrinity and WGC and found this beautiful silencer for my gun:

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...T_cat_Silencers

im wondering if customs will allow a silencer to enter the US from overseas. will they be like "oh no a silencer" and send it back or something or will they let it through and to my house.

You live in Montana, where silencers are leagal (but regulated under the NFA)

They wouldn't send it back I don't think, but there's a chance (a slight one at that) that they may put into question whether or not you paid the tax and submitted the forms for it, should they mistake it for a fully functional sound suppressor.

Archived