G&P M4 still not feeding right..

tgrillo

Ok, well I put electrical tape in the mag well, and now when I put my mags in there they are JAMMED in there, literally no side to side movement whatsoever.

However, it doesnt like feeding on full auto, and sometimes it doesnt even feed on semi.

It works on and off. Sometimes its perfect, other times it sucks. It doublefeeds sometimes too

Also, it launched the foam out of my silencer yesterday, out of the end...

I'm gonna see how it feeds with the hopup off tommorow.

What is wrong with it? This is getting VERY annoying. I am using a host of old/new TM lowcaps.

EDIT- SOMEONE REPLY PLEASE! Davedawg, replyz0rz!

if the nozzle was detached, it wouldnt feed period. lol....

What exactly am I "checking" in the hopup? As far as I know I installed it correctly, cause my hopup is working great (range=ueber)

I don't get it..so sometimes a round or two will be shot out normally and the rest will just get jammed in the chamber?

I'd have a airsoft mechanic look at grillo. If you installed the hop up correctly and the inner barrel then you shouldn't worry there. Try putting your G&P 1 piece metal chamber back in and seeing if it feeds. If not then it could be your air nozzle or maybe even the cylinder head?

will do ron, I didnt lube any of the hopup parts...at all.

It was like 2am when I finally put it back together, I didnt think of it. I doubt it will work 100%, but what the hey.

Have you got the original G&P magazine? If so does it feed correctly with that? I found I couldn't get my M4 to feed with STAR Revolutions no matter how much tape, I had to literally ram them up into the chamber for the little latch to allow the BBs to flow out of the mag into the hop.

Subsequently trying to modify the catch on the side of the magazine didn't work either, so I just deemed them completely annoyingly incompatible, which might be the case with TM mags and your gun..?

Hope you can get it sorted.

If its a G&P hop up, that could be the problem.

I had all the symtems that you have described with mine. Couldnt figure it out for, litterally, 1 year. I just played with my other guns. Traded the rubber, nothing. Sprayed lube, nothing.

Switched hop up chambers, works like a freakin champ!

Im not saying that this is whats wrong with yours. But maybe, juuuuust maybe.

Do you have another hopup, or access to one thats not yours, and that works. I would try it.

Good luck.

Here are my hopup parts. Note that the GP hopup unit fed even worse than the systema unit:

Systema Hopup Unit

Systema Sleeve

Prometheus Tightbore AK Length

FF STRIKE Chamber

Big Out H Nub (White)

Didnt lube anything. I will disassemble and reassemble the hopup and see if it works

I'm a gearbox newbie so I doubt I'd be any help, but from previous research it might be...

1. Hopup needs to be lubed (most likely since this is what happened with my MP7).

2. See if you get the same result with different mags. Does it occur with hicaps?

3. Tightbores are picky about the bb's you feed it. Supposedly AE are the best.

4. Maybe the nozzle is allowing multiple bb's to load? Have a look through staticzero's UMG thread to see how he dealt with double feeds.

1. k, will do

2. I doubt that hicaps would make a difference

3. I am using AE .25s...

4. Link? I am not using a UMG.. And it isnt just doublefeeding, it will ski[ 2 shots, then feed the third, and it will follow that pattern! It also blew the farking foam out of my silencer.

Something is wrong with it..

H nub isnt the problem, already tried that

EDIT- Yes, the air nozzle is moving back and forth find.

I dont understand this thing, I just shot one of the mags that was not working well into my FSBE in my room, and it worked fine I believe.

HOWEVER, when the gun is in the idle state, with no mag in, the air nozzle is not covering the hopup hole. Instead, after I fire I see it go forward. This is probably normal though, as the nozzle draws the bb forward, right?

It worls on an off. HOWEVER, I have a theory. Is it possible that maybe I had the hopup on too high? My range and stuff was great, but it would misfeed. Maybe this explains the silencer foam flying out?

Ideas?

The nozzle could be creating too much friction with the cylinder head spigot and/or your tappet spring is too weak, therefore the return of your nozzle can't keep up with your ROF, this leads to extreme missfeeds.

Obviously pushing upwards on the mag is the first thing you do in this situation, so follow check6's advice there.

Try widening the BB inlet to the hopup unit and bad casting an lead to nipples in the mold.

Are you using an aftermarket mag-catch?

Ice

Archived