P226 upgrades

0nslaught

Hello all,

I am going to order some parts tomarow for my P226.

Nine Ball 6.03mm Precision Barrel for Marui SIG P226 Rail

Nine Ball Hammer Spring for Marui SIG Sauer P226 Rail

PDI Piston Head for Marui P226

Guarder Enhanced Loading Muzzle for MARUI P226 RAIL

Guarder Enhanced Recoil/Hammer Spring for MARUI P226 (150%)

Okay so obviously i know how to swap the recoil springs. Is changing the barrels hard? do i just take out the barrel out of the hop up system? is there a special way to take out the barrel and seperate it to add a different barrel? Where is the hammer spring located? i will probably ask my friend to change that part. As for the piston head, where is the piston head? do i have to take apart the loading muzzle to replace this? how do i open the loading muzzle? also theres a piston head for the p226 called the "winder" piston head. it says that its specialy designed to withstand the coldness and stuff, is it still reliable? would i get the same reliability and durability of the normal PDI piston head? except the winter one is enhanced for cold weather. and i think i know how to do the piston head.

okay, so i'm jealous that you have all these awesome parts coming your way. I'm not sure about the hammer spring but what i've read about the guarder one, it doesn't help and it slows down the trigger by a lot and can crack the hammer. Everything else looks good.

To answer your questions, the barrel is really easy to change out and it's a matter of using some common sense, and untightening two screws.

the hammer spring is in the grip and it's relatively easy to change, it takes some fiddling to get it back correctly at first, but it's pretty easy as long as you remember which way the spring goes.

the loading muzzle is just taking out a small spring and a umm, metal rod. however, don't lose them as they are small. you MIGHT have to unscrew something but i'm pretty sure you don't and i don't have my gun with me right now.

the piston head is just unscrewing a screw behind the loading nozzle and screwing a new one in (the TM piston head is just a simple matter of taking it off the screw).

i'm pretty sure it's not "winder" piston head but a winter piston head which is supposed to work better in winter, no idea how it works so just stick with a PDI Piston head unless it snows a lot where you live (and i know for a fact that it doesn't)

It's a pity you're in the US - Ai magazine ran an article a few issues back where nearly all those parts were fitted to a P226.

To summarize, the tightbore's pretty good, but only improves accuracy, rather than fps.

The recoil spring's a waste of time, unless you're fitting a metal slide and the hammer spring is horrible, it really messes up the trigger pull, especially in DA mode.

The piston head improves the blowback force a bit.

The one bit not covered was the loading nozzle, but that should just improve reliablity, rather than actual performance.

The previous poster's covered the work required. None of the jobs is difficult, just remember to keep an eye on all the tiny parts and remember where they go... Having said that, some people reckon AEG gearboxes are straightforward, but I'm still convinced they operate via black magic, so I can sympathise if you're not familiar with the innards of GBBs. :)

Cheers.

I fitted the Guarder Enhanced Recoil Spring for MARUI P226 (150%) to my upgraded P226 with a creation metal frame and slide and to my mind it is to strong.

I have issues now where the slid will not always lock back when the mag is empty, you can just keep pulling the trigger until the mag is out of game and then it still doesn't lock back. I think I am going to get a 130% spring and try that

I didn't upgrade the hammer spring, didn't see any need.

I also fitted a Guarder Enhanced Loading Muzzle, looks and feels like it is made of much stronger stuff than the original.

Okay so for sure i want the tightbore, nozzle, nozzle lid, piston head, and the magazine.

snowman:

yes i will be needing a recoil spring, i have the PGC metal kit on my P226 and it is pretty sluggish. Also, im not going to be using the guarder hammer spring, didnt anyone read it? i am buying the nine ball hammer spring. do you know about that one? i would get the PROUD one but redwolf doesnt have it.

semtex:

So your having problems with the recoil spring? hum, how about anyone else. are they having the same problems? did you have a metal slide?

Ok so i just sent out my order quote, got the Guarder enhanced loading muzzle, Guarder enhanced lid, PDI piston head, and guarder 150% recoil spring. iceman ill let you know about the recoil spring when i get it. and where is the 130%? i couldnt find it anywhere

snowman:

yes i will be needing a recoil spring, i have the PGC metal kit on my P226 and it is pretty sluggish. Also, im not going to be using the guarder hammer spring, didnt anyone read it? i am buying the nine ball hammer spring. do you know about that one? i would get the PROUD one but redwolf doesnt have it.

Fair enough, you didn't mention the metal kit and, as for the hammer spring, you mentioned getting BOTH, so how were we to know you weren't planning on using both at different times (or experimenting with both)?

Anyway, my view is that hammer springs are a total waste of money and do nothing positive, but they're not expensive, so maybe it's worth your while experimenting.

Cheers.

My P226 (PGC kit, Nineball hi-flows, near enough every internal upgrade :P) vents out the top of the slide and gets terrible efficiency - maybe 15 shots per mag of green, maximum, even with them warmed and the like.

I've got the hi-flows tightened right up to their lowest output, and still no dice.

I'm of the belief that the hammer spring is the problem (it's a Nineball one - 150%, correct?), so I have one of the 70% and 130% sets on the way from WGC. I'll try fitting them both and see what effect they have.

I'm kind of assuming this is why they make a 70% hammer spring, am I right? Can't see a market for it otherwise.

I would be very interested to know how the 130% spring works out, as I've said I have the 150% Guarder one and it doesn't allow the slide to lock back when the mag is empty.

I'm running a P226 with a creation metal frame and slide.

When I used the spring that came with the creation kit, it didn't always bring the slide all the way forward after a shot. I don't know what the creation spring is rated at.

im using the guarder 150% recoil spring and the stock marui hammer spring in my upgraded metal p226. i have the guarder kit fitted in full metal and that combination i find works perfectly. it gives me the strong kick of the harder recoil spring with the lighter trigger pull. slide always cycles perfectly as well....

hm thats odd, i have the guarder 150% and a PGC metal kit. im ganna try and get a 130% later. oh ya and i put in the PDI piston head. its gotten quieter and i cant realy tell a difference between before and after the upgrades. will test the FPS soon and give you guys an update later.

im using the guarder 150% recoil spring and the stock marui hammer spring in my upgraded metal p226. i have the guarder kit fitted in full metal and that combination i find works perfectly. it gives me the strong kick of the harder recoil spring with the lighter trigger pull. slide always cycles perfectly as well....

I wonder if the guarder slide is heavier then the creation one. It would make sense that the spring from guarder would work with a guarder slide.

The creation kit did come with a recoil spring but I had the opposite problem sometimes the slide would not cycle all the way back to the front. So I am hoping the 130% spring gives me a nice middle ground. Only time will tell.

I just need to find somewhere that stocks them in the UK as the shipping from overseas is a bit OTT just for a spring.

Archived