Airsoft revolvers/magnums

Handsome Pete

like most threads, this has probably been done before but soddit hear goes.

Being a player and collector, ive had my hands on most types of airsoft guns out there but never a revolver or magnum. If i were to buy one it would be probably more as a collectable, but it would need to be 'plinkable'/game worthy.

Are there any where u can buy more fake bullets to rpleace when others oar empty?

im not looking at cowboy era guns but more of the m29 .44 magnum look.

also what am teh bestest make of magnum/revolver

what are r the tm ones like?

any info would be much appreciated. :)

edit: m19's r nice too :P

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/?filnavn=/r...rev_pistols.htm scroll down to revolvers

Theres also the just pistols site with a load of reviews.

I think the two popular makes are Marushin and Tanaka

Tanaka seem to be favoured but they don't have removable shells whereas i belive the marushins do

two words: "Tanaka" and "0.3g BBs" :)

They're great revolvers , no shells/bullets to be worrying about and work very well with ~0.3g BBs - last thing you want is to be fiddling with shells in a skirmish.

The makes that take shells: the shells resuable and Marushin do make replacements so you can buy extra.

edit: oh I tried a TM one a few years back and it was a bit limp. Tanaka or Marushin are the way to go. Tanaka's will kick out well over 328fps on green (around 328fps with 0.3g IIRC).

Like they guys that already answered - Marushin is what to get if you want shells. but Marushins arent really skirmish worthy. If you want a collectors piece, You should STILL get a Tanaka even though there is no shells, because They are unbeatable in awesomeness lol. I have a Tanaka S&W M500, a Tanaka S&W M29, and 5 Tanaka Colt SAA's. And for Marushin revolver I have a Super Blackhawk. The Tanakas out class and out shoot Marushins buy a long shot. IMO you should get a Tanaka :)

ok tanaka it is. I like the look of the Tanaka S&W M19 Combat Magnum 4 inch (Heary Weight).

Just wondered what gas i should use and what sort of fps these bad boys throw out.

Are they fragile weapons or can u hook out the 'wheel' to the side & spin it etc... :P

Finally...what do they sound like? loud, does the hammer throw back and forward nicely after each shot?

sorry if these sound like daft questions.

I have Tanaka 629, 6" I think

OH MY GOD its so good, great build, feels wonderful, nice weight. Sounds very loud, the hammer action is superb. I am using mine on Abbey Ultra Gas, and it shoots like a dream, I guess its running really quite hot! Get one, do it!

DO IT!

Tanakas are very solidly built. I wouldnt suggest that whipping the cylinder into the frame trick/thing, as it is bad for any gun Especially Real Steel. (the last thing you want on a Real gun is a cracked frame ;).) They are pretty loud. My M500 is Definitely the Loudest NBB I have. I use green in mine. Havent heard of really any problems with green in Tanaka Revolvers. ahhhh, the M19 havent read much about them, but I'm sure they are just as good as all the other Tanakas. The Tanakas that have the most trouble are probably the SAA'S. But the problems are fixable - and a lot of the problems with those also occur in RS guns saas well. DEFINITELY NOT Fragile. Tanakas are built great, the only really skirmishable revolvers, and they are quite impressive in the power field as well. By all means get one NOW

Tanakas are built great, the only really skirmishable revolvers, and they are quite impressive in the power field as well. By all means get one NOW

That's something you'll need to watch, skirmishing in the UK - It's very easy to exceed the 328 fps limit - You'll need to stick to 134a, at least in warmer weather.

I've a feeling I've seen reviews suggesting the K frames (M19, M66) are quite a lot less powerful than the L and X frames, but I could be wrong on that - I think there's a review of the M66 on this site somewhere.

Cheers.

snowman..i read ur m29 midnight blue review...awesome. I wondered if the 'non midnight blue' was the same functionally just different look?

Also, the m19 looks very similar and its cheaper (wgc prices anyway), recon it be the same quality?

cheers. im really getting keen aboput this now.

its seeing dirty harry and payback...its turned me....:P

All the 29's are basically the same (629s, too, just they tend to be silver - except the ones which aren't :) ), although all the ones I've had have been a bit different in performance.

I would expect the m19 to be of similar quality (all the Tanaka revolvers are high quality), but, as I said, I've heard they're less powerful than the 29s.

Cheers.

Archived