Marui Prolight adaptor

Shard

No doubt I've probably missed the post that already mentioned this X amount of hours/days/weeks ago already despite my search to check, but:

http://www.mojji.com/jp/fax/fax1776.htm

http://www.tokyo-marui.co.jp/products/01/mp7a1/images/07.jpg

TM are at last set to release their official adaptor to use the Prolight specifically with the MP7 in the next couple of days. This opens up another option to us MP7 users who want more power / rof, but don't want to go with a laylax external adaptor & a battery sling, or an anpeq.

I reckon it will look the smartest when going for a solution to get a bigger battery :)

I'll probably be getting one. I'm doing a lot of CQB training in an old prison with www.sword-tactical.com

We do a lot of low light training and you HAVE to have a weapons light when you are in a place like this with no power at midnight!

renz5td5.jpg

821711r12100amm3.jpg

821711r11211adm9.jpg

I thought that first photo had messed up when loading for a moment there, shows what my mental capacity is like after 7 hours work on an report today :P Looks like a cool place to play, and I can see why a prolight would be a good investment.

I wish I could do more urban as I'd be more content to get one myself, but there aren't that many sites near me for it. That and I'd only get it if i were using the MP7 as a primary, holstering would be tricky with a big old tac light on the side :D

And your MP7's garbox will explode! Even at 7.2v a 3.3amp pack will have a MUCH higher discharge rate and that poor mech box can't handle it.

Exactly how? The discharge rate is determined by the current consumption of the motor, which in turn is determined by the power of the spring.

So, you could have a battery with the size and capacity of a car battery, but as long as the voltage was the same, there would only be one change, that you could run the gun all day or until it eventually wore out.

A large cell has a higher discharge rate. Go to cheapbatterypacks.com they have a chart for every cell they sell. Look it up. Larger pack = more energy stored, more energy=higher discharge rate, higher discharge rate = moter spins faster, faster moter = higher rate of fire. Also, brand of cell makes a big difference too.

If your theory was true why does a 8.4v 600mah sanyo not turn over my upgraded ca G36K but an IB 8.4v 3600 gives it a 14rps rate of fire?

Erm, just because the pack has a higher Mah, it will not discharge any differently to a pack with a smaller Mah. As far as batteries go I thought the rule was more voltage equals more shots per minute, more Mah equals more shots capable of being made.

The motor will not turn any faster if you add more Mah, the only difference would be down to ambient temperature and the like.

However, I have seen a G18CAEP have a higher rate of fire with a Pro light on it. Now surely this would just mean the Mah is upgraded and not the V, or is it down to the way the batteries are put together in the gun (series/parallel) that causes an increase in ROF? Any ideas as my Science Classes were a long time ago.

When you don't know what you're talking about - don't post.

Did you look at the references cited by Rapier? Obviously not.

It is correct that a larger capacity cell will discharge faster than a lower capacity one. However, this is not a hugely significant increase in rate of fire, as voltage has a much greater effect.

When you don't know what you're talking about - don't post.

Did you look at the references cited by Rapier? Obviously not.

It is correct that a larger capacity cell will discharge faster than a lower capacity one. However, this is not a hugely significant increase in rate of fire, as voltage has a much greater effect.

Whoa, that was a little toasty! Any specific person that little bundle of joy was aimed at?

Archived