my m4 shoots to the way left

kevshin21

hey guys ever since i had my m4 its been shooting to the far left and I have no idea what to do, is it because of the hop up? (ex of how i have to aim: the m4 front sight has iron sight and two iron post | I | like that. I have to aim on the left iron post!. so what do I do? +1 for the person who gets my m4 to shoot straight.

xaccers it shoots straight to the left, the hop up only arcs it up to the left...

and marine 47 I have a TM m4a1 1st or 2nd gen with .2G bbs with full tune up kit and a psg1 barrel (but it is cut down to m4 length since it was too long) and I dont think there is anything in my barrel, it always shot lto the left and I clean it very often.

well the problem is that I have no idea how to really disassemble and reassemble. All i know how to do is push the pin out of the m4 and thats it

also the tab is missing on the side of the gun where you push to release the top from the bottom reciver

edit: never mind i found out how...but when i look into the barrel its perfectly clean. But if its something really small like a grain of sand, would it mess it up like crazy?

if it also shot to the left with the stock one, then something is wrong with your hopup, it may be misaligned, or defective, try taking it apart and putting it back together again, if it still shoots left, then get a new hop, preferably systema, even if it SEEMS alright, it might not be, or worse case scenario, something is wrong with the gun, and its pushing the barrel to the right on the inside, probably at the hop, causing it to point left.

Unless I'm thinking incorrectly, if the BB shoots to the left, you would want to jam the rear sight all the way to the right to compensate, not to the left. Are you sure your sights aren't just way off, like Xaccers said?

Unless I'm thinking incorrectly, if the BB shoots to the left, you would want to jam the rear sight all the way to the right to compensate, not to the left. Are you sure your sights aren't just way off, like Xaccers said?

well i jammed it all the way to the right and it only helped a little, its still shooting way left

You don't need sites to see that a bb's flight is off, are you kidding me?

If your barrel looks good and was professionaly cut then my guess is it's the hopup. Again, try shutting the hopup off, see if it shoots any straighter. Check and see if your hop up clamp isn't broken. Or if the bucking is slightly smooshed...tons of things can make a bb curve to the left.

remove the rear takedown pin, use the front one as a hinge, open your m4, slide the hop unit and barrel out of the gun, take off the screws, dont lose any small parts. if the rubber sleeve is ripped, or the bucking is deformed, replace it. if it seems fine, check the hop unit for any deformation or scratches that might indicate something pressing on it

what brand is your m4 btw?

Nobody's mentionedyet that the whole front end might be bent slightly.

I had this happen on my MP5 when I bought an ICS front end for it.

I only knew what to look for because it did shoot straight with the CA front end on and, suddenly, after fitting the ICS front end, it started shooing to the right.

Turned out that the ICS cocking tube was twisted slightly and was forcing the inner barrel to the right.

I ended up fixing it by drilling the cocking tube out to about 12mm so that the inner barrel no longer touched it (given that the inner barrel is 8.5mm OD that tells you that the cocking tube was twisted by about 3mm) then poured JB Weld into the rest of the hole to secure the outer barrel again.

Archived