Academy Sig552!

Crandall

What do you guys think of it? will you buy it to plink with, Buy it to upgrade like the L85, or not buy it all? I probably eon't buy one buy one, but I hope it just doesn't come with the clear body as shown in the video on their website link, but it was probably just a prototype. Cheers

If its quality is the same or similar to the L85, then I would stay away and buy the Marui. The only reason to get the Academy L85 is because no one else makes one. However, I am interested in the long type magazines that Academy has...and I wonder if they are compatible with the Marui 552.

Why are they even bothering making one?

There are cheaper AEGs out there.

There are higher quality SIG 552s out there.

At least with the L85 there was a reason to buy it, sense no other mainstream AEG of that family existed but when they re-make an AEG that isn't even that popular....

Sometimes I wonder.

Well it would be good for someone with a low budget, that wants to get into the sport right away with an AEG, but if someone with miniumial exoerience asked if it was good I would direct them into the direction of a GBB or tell them to save up!

The fact that wotshisname uses a SIG552 in the new version of "Assault on Precinct 13" may have something to do with this.

A lot of japs base their gun choice on whats used in movies, hence the manufacturers all make the popular movie weapons.

Hope someone uses a SIG 226 in a movie soon, then TM might finally release their version of this excellent pistol.

i own the TM 552 and it hasnt disapointed me too much other the cracking the reciever, but they got a metal body out now to fix that problem only other problem is they only make the 20round style mag and the new academy has the 30 round style. i can only hope TM, star, g+p, etc will get on the ball and make high cap versions of the 30 round style. i wont be buying the academy 552 cause with any academy its garbage.

have to say, I've been tempted by the l85 for a while, simply for the fun of having one around the place for when i watch dog soldiers (I know they ditch them almost immediately, but thats when I whip out my m870 :) ) and just general fun about the place.

the XM 177 is also tempting, as I've been a fan of this for a while, but never got round to buying marui's one until it was too late (ain't it always the way?)- quite tempting to have an el-cheapo one for when I stick platoon on the gogglebox

skirmish with 'em? only after a bit of extensive upgrading, especially out here in New England.

Sig 552? no thanks. Never been a fan of the sigs, myself, and an el cheapo version of the TM just isn't going to be worth bothering with.

The other two have appeal cos no-one else makes them, an they are nice "special" guns with clique appeal.

so there :)

Archived