Step at Fixing Barrel Wobble.

Noodle_2000

A metal receiver helps to the flex. To fix the wobbling you just need to take the outer barrel apart, check that all threads are intact and reassemble it using Loctite in every joint.

First attach the middle piece to the front of the outer barrel. Put Loctite around the middle part, and rotate it while inserting it into the front outer barrel to spread the goo evenly. At some point you can't rotate it anymore. Then just push it in and insert the screws, also with Loctite.

Then apply Loctite to the rear of the middle part and do basically the same with the base piece of the outer barrel. Align the front sight to be exactly horizontal before tightening the screws.

If screws are stripped, drill the holes with a 3.3 mm drill and make a new thread with an M4 tap. They will be even better than new.

Lastly, make sure to tighten the base piece to the receiver with the barrel nut using enough force. If you have a metal receiver, the flexing is now reduced 90%. A stronger outer barrel is the cherry on top for later.

-Sale

a very cheap solution that solved about 50% of my wobling problem was that i wraped my inner barrel in wet paper so it stuck to the barrel then shoved it into the outer barrel and it was a nice tight fit.

note to the reader: this is only a short term solution for people with empty wallets or people who like to keep their wallets full.

Hello,

My TM SR-16's barrel wobble is killing me. I really want to get something done about it, but money is an issue. So I have two choices... Metal Body or 1 Piece outer Barrel? Which one will help the most? But I plan on buying the other piece later on.

Thanks guys,

Gary B.

Buy both. It'll add to weight and some durability. It'll also empty your wallet faster.

The Loctite I meant is not a glue, but a thread locking agent.

Teflon tape can be used to secure and seal threads as well. It's available for peanuts at any hardware store's plumbing section. It has no sticky surface like normal tape, so you need to wrap it at least a couple of turns.

-Sale

Archived