AGM MP008 (DE M14) scope mount problem

lukvdh

Hello,

I have a AGM MP008 (DE M14) with scope mount. Great gun.

But... when I put a scope on the scopemount (I tried several scopes) I can't adjust the scope "enough".

BB impact is always much more to the right than the scope can be corrected for.

So, IMHO, the mount must be "wrong" (too much to the left).

I can't see anything wrong "naked-eye-wise", nor can I figure out a way to adjust the mount.

It's made too good in fact ;-)

Does anyone experience the same or similar problems and does anyone has an idea how to fix it ?

Does anyone know if the TM M14 ScopeMount would fit on this MP008 ?

Thanks in advance.

maybe it's the gun, not the mount.

I think that, when the gun itself would shoot too much to the right, I would have to adjust the rear sight (when not using the scope / scopemount) a lot.

But this rear sight is nicely in the middle so no big adjustments needed there.

So I think it's not "the gun shooting to the right".

Of course it could be the "mounting of the mount" but I can't see anything wrong there.

Strange...

I think the Marui mount has a bit more "fine-tuning" possibilities so I would like to know if the Marui mount would fit the AGM gun. Perhaps someone tried or can try ?

Your unfortunatly suffering from a mount and gun made with reasonably cheap materials and less than fine tollerances.

You have a choice, pack out the attachment points for the mount (probably the best choice) pack the sides of the scope rings or get another mount then do the same.

Your unfortunatly suffering from a mount and gun made with reasonably cheap materials and less than fine tollerances....

I know it's cheap, but this Chinese M14-clone (including scope-mount, battery, charger) costs about twice the amount I would have to pay for a decent scope-mount for the TM M14 alone. And it shoots well (as you can read in many forum-articles). Only I seem to have bad luck with the ('free') scope-mount.

I managed to get something "fiddled" so I can use my scope now with this AGM MP008.

The fiddling involved drilling a 2.5mm hole in the side of the mount (in the most rear piece), tapping a 3mm thread (spelling ?) in this hole, and screw a little 3mm bolt with some shimmings (which stop the rear piece from sliding in too far).

So now the whole mount is pointing a bit more to the right, and my scope(s) are usable again.

All I need is some fine-tuning of this "contraption", when done I'll apply some Loctite Blue to keep things in place, and spray some black paint on it, and I'm done.

And so I had again an hour of "extra entertainment" with this cheap M14 ;-)

If anyone ever finds a better / nicer solution, or if anyone knows if the (expensive ;-) TM mount would fit, please don't hesitate to share your knowledge.

I know it's cheap, but this Chinese M14-clone (including scope-mount, battery, charger) costs about twice the amount I would have to pay for a decent scope-mount for the TM M14 alone. And it shoots well (as you can read in many forum-articles). Only I seem to have bad luck with the ('free') scope-mount.

I managed to get something "fiddled" so I can use my scope now with this AGM MP008.

The fiddling involved drilling a 2.5mm hole in the side of the mount (in the most rear piece), tapping a 3mm thread (spelling ?) in this hole, and screw a little 3mm bolt with some shimmings (which stop the rear piece from sliding in too far).

So now the whole mount is pointing a bit more to the right, and my scope(s) are usable again.

All I need is some fine-tuning of this "contraption", when done I'll apply some Loctite Blue to keep things in place, and spray some black paint on it, and I'm done.

And so I had again an hour of "extra entertainment" with this cheap M14 ;-)

If anyone ever finds a better / nicer solution, or if anyone knows if the (expensive ;-) TM mount would fit, please don't hesitate to share your knowledge.

Glad you have found a suitable solution.

My earlier comment wasn't meant to knock the clone, they do offer great value for money. More that you will encounter problems like this, and will have to find ways round the issue. You seem to have done that and now with a scope pointing in the right direction can get even more from it.

Happy shooting. :)

Archived