Filipino Airsofter

Ipis

Hey Ipis, kumusta! I'm filipino, so I decided to stop by here on this thread. ;)

Would you happen to have that filipino military BDU's? I forgot what they were called but they look quite unique. If i can remember from last time, it was like a woodland/jungle/6-color desert pattern.

i dont remember where in the philapines  he is exactly, but i know its one of the western islands.

they have a large hill / mountain on that island (don't know if that helps or not)

lol there's a couple islands with mountains/large hills :D Especially in the boondocks

yea, i thought so.

ill google for a map, i think he showed me where he was going.... just see if i can remember

{edit} Palawan!

after reading that on the map, i remember him saying that. he is on the north west side of the island. About the middle, maby a little more north than the middle though.

i have a friend who just moved to the philippines, how is airsoft over there?

also welcome to the forums :)

Its freakin banned now after some punk kids sucessfully robbed a freakin bank. Of course the authorities had to blame somebody. Guess who they blame or in this case "what"... airsoft guns! (Man, its still clear in my head. Its been a long time since this happened I was still living in the Philippines) You can still buy it under the table from a hobbyshop where I am from.

Anyway, Kamusta IPIS!!! :D

-

lol there's a couple islands with mountains/large hills :D Especially in the boondocks

Did you now that the term boondocks actually comes from the Tagalog word bundok which means; literally - mountain, figuratively - the jungle or a wild, remote, hard to reach place. That was where American soldiers had to go chasing after insurgents during the Philipine-American War (1899-1913).

ill google for a map, i think he showed me where he was going.... just see if i can remember

{edit} Palawan!

after reading that on the map, i remember him saying that. he is on the north west side of the island. About the middle, maby a little more north than the middle though.

The island province of Palawan is about the last bastion of unspoiled natural beauty in the Philippines. Most of the places there look very much right out of the reality-tv show Survivor! It's about an hour by plane from Manila (in Luzon).. where most of the local airsoft action is at.

250px-Ph_locator_map_palawan.png

Its freakin banned now after some punk kids sucessfully robbed a freakin bank. Of course the authorities had to blame somebody. Guess who they blame or in this case "what"... airsoft guns! (Man, its still clear in my head. Its been a long time since this happened I was still living in the Philippines) You can still buy it under the table from a hobbyshop where I am from.

Strictly speaking.. yes, it was banned.. since way back 1982.. by Letter Of Instruction 1264 signed by (then President) Marcos. Airsoft gaming in the Philippines did not start until a few years later.. in 1985. Notwithstanding a ban on importation, manufacture, sale and display of toy guns that replicate real firearms.. local airsoft grew and prospered.. until the mid-90s. The popularity got the attention of lawmakers and anti-gun lobbyists who proposed enforcement of prohibition. Airsoft activities simply went underground, to resurface around the year 2000. Once again it grew in popularity, and with the advent of cheap China-made versions it's now bigger than ever. Respective player numbers at popular sites on an average weekend often surpass that of major airsoft events in the US or UK.

The Firearms/Explosives Division has recently classified airsoft as an airgun, taking it out of the category of toy (as well as the coverage of LOI 1264). Unfortunately, it puts airsoft under rules and regulations currently covering firearms and airguns.

Through all that.. and we are poised to celebrate 22 years of airsoft playing this coming April!!!

Ooo... I havent been to Palawan yet! Hmm... maybe this summer I can go...

Yep I've heard that airsoft has exploded in the Philippines. It's getting so popular.

The BDU's I'm talking about is this:

(look at this bad *albatross*...)

phil2.jpg

pnp.jpg

safjumpfx.jpg

I'd like to get my hands on some of those... It's quite different

Mike, Claret is fine... almost all of the old friends are back & playing regularly with us.

Thanks for asking... :)

Thats good news bro! :D

-

All is well here Kabayan! :D

Ooo... I havent been to Palawan yet! Hmm... maybe this summer I can go...

Yep I've heard that airsoft has exploded in the Philippines. It's getting so popular.

The BDU's I'm talking about is this:

(look at this bad *albatross*...)

phil2.jpg

I'd like to get my hands on some of those... It's quite different

That would be the old PNP-SAF BDU (Phil. National Police - Special Action Force). They copied the US Choco-chip desert pattern and change the color.

http://www.henrikc.dk/camouflage/details.asp?autono=52

The PNP-SAF had a new Digital BDU pattern.

00899293.jpg

Welcome and enjoy it.

Thanks Éremos for the welcome. :)

Archived