Zastava Druganov article

olbertus

Yeah your right its pretty different, I really prefer the traditional wood furniture on the Druganov and all AK derived rifles, it just somehow looks wrong to me with plastic furniture :nosleep:

Still, as far as i know there aren't too many Airsoft Druganovs out there so one more does not hurt.

G&P released beautiful, but flawed replica SVD. Lack of HopUp limited its usefulness and until ATOZ (also A2Z or A to Z) unexpected introduced a spring replica of SVD our choices were severely limited. AtoZ is located in the south of Korean peninsula and their only product is for time being is SVD replica. Atoz is constantly upgrading their SVD replicas- reviewed model is from the 3rd series.

When you first lay your eye on the AtoZ SVD you are bound to be impressed. You gaze upon long, black, sleek replica, which looks exactly as those, seen on TV news. As mentioned, it is long. In fact, it is very long, all together impressive 122 cm (48 in). When you pick it up you notice nice weight and annoying squeaking of the fore arm. It is made out of black, textured plastic material with correct ventilation holes. Reasons for squeaking are partially attributed to its length and partially to rear sight. Rear sight is positioned deeply into the fore grip and prevents full fixing ring to fully enclose the fore arm. If you are really annoyed, you probably could tinker around and fix the squeakiness.

With notable exception of stock and fore grip (both made out of black plastic) everything is metal. Owners of Atoz V1 and V2 SVD's complained over thick and squeaky skeleton stock, which is remedied in V3. Stock ends with metal cap, sling swivel is also metal and located almost all the way to the back of the stock.

Cheek rest is fixed to the stock with metal clamp. It is almost impossible to use scoped SVD without cheek rest. And on the contrary, if you use it without optics, it is impossible to aim trough sights, as you head rest too high. Caution is advised- cheek rests are hard to come by and I doubt that metal clamp secures cheek rest safely enough.

Archived