Boots

Donut

Well, I've finally decided to put together something of an usable loadout (instead of running around with whatever non-flamboyant clothing I can find...) Based on a picture I found, well... on the internet :unsure: The reason I have never decided to do a loadout is mostly cost/preference issues; I can't stand having so much gear to keep track of, (Molle, plate carrier, chest rig, webbing, whatever, etc. It's all so foreign to me...) and all the weight too, I prefer to be very light and carry as little as possible (gear, ammo, neccesities, etc)

Anyways, here's the picture in question; as soon as I saw it, I knew and decided it was something I wouldn't mind using.

loadoutbl7.th.jpg

I've got almost everything (except the hair), and I'm working on an AK74. Does anyone know where I can find boots like those? Something light weight, simple, and part or all OD (preferably OD, but it's not a priority, black would work too.)

I have no idea when it comes to gears, I don't even know what brand to look for, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. Yes, I know /mai/ isn't exactly the best place to look for a loadout <_<

You're turning into a big eyed anime girl? Let's see pics!

On a serious note. Cheap jungleboots. ALICE belt & "Y" or "H" harness(H tends to be more comfortable), few ALICE pouches to hold the goods, & some OD BDUs. Check out Sportsmans Guide & they'll have all of that surplus gear available or else hit Ebay & wait for a deal to come by.

Miah

You're turning into a big eyed anime girl?  Let's see pics!

On a serious note.  Cheap jungleboots.  ALICE belt & "Y" or "H" harness(H tends to be more comfortable), few ALICE pouches to hold the goods, & some OD BDUs.  Check out Sportsmans Guide & they'll have all of that surplus gear available or else hit Ebay & wait for a deal to come by.

Miah

I wish... :unsure:

I've got OD BDU coat and spruce green trousers. I've got the pouches (some needs to be spraypainted though) and Y harness (though I might get a black H harness later.)

It does look like the boots linked; the customers reviews were a little shaky, but I guess I'll go for it and try them, and see if I could fix anything.

EDIT: yeah, I guess I'll have to go with those, my dad isn't very fond of the idea of spending $80 on a pair of boots ;) Even though he doesn't hold back on buying me $100 jackets and pants <_< (which I never wear...)

I'd argue the other way on the jungle boots... I wear mine with no socks laced tight through water etc. and let them "form" to my feel. After that I wear them with socks for general play. Mine are like slippers now, but they wear out rather quickly (figure replacing them every couple of years). That said, as funny as this sounds, I actually buy the cheapest chinese knock off jungle boots and replace them every other year. That said, I have other more hearty boots I wear for fall, spring and winter, but in the height of summer when it's super hot, I break out the old ALICE Gear and the cheap jungle boots...

Don't go cheap on boots.  I wear them all day, and trust me, your feet will like you more if you wear good boots.  Get a good pair of jungle boots and they'll last a long time.

So can you recommend any? and where? Thanks.

Still trying to convince my parents on buying more expensive boots ;)

I don't wear the jungle boots, so I really don't know. However, I have worn the cheap ones and all they did was give me blisters.

Altama is what sold on bases and those will run for bout $75 it looks like.

Archived