Magpul PTS - Dual MagLevel™ EMAG™

wikinerd

57VVb.jpg

gNQpD.jpg

As you might notice, the original PTS EMag only had a single window on the left side (the side with the magazine catch). This updated version features that on both sides for those who might prefer the aesthetics or want to stay truer to the Magpul Industries EMag (which has the MagLevel on both sides). It retains all features of the old PTS EMag, i.e. 120-round capacity, exchangeable floorplates, impact covers and (I speculate) made from the same materials.

Via Ehobby Asia

Edit: Attribution, fix images

The Magpul Industries EMAGs were all single windowed up until very recently. It was purely due to operator feedback, and from what I recall a sizable contract with the UK Defense Dept, that Magpul Industries made a revision to their EMAGs.

This new product from Magpul PTS is simply their way of keeping current with all things Magpul Industries. The exact same thing happened with the PTS PMAGs and then the PTS M-Revision PMAGs that followed.

That said, you'll find the performance to be the same as the previous generation 120 round Mid-Cap EMAGs/PMAGs. So unless you have money to burn, there's no need to upgrade. Now if you were in the market for EMAGs and like the updated aesthetics, I'd get these.

The Magpul Industries EMAGs were all single windowed up until very recently. It was purely due to operator feedback, and from what I recall a sizable contract with the UK Defense Dept, that Magpul Industries made a revision to their EMAGs.

So because the Ministry of defence bought them for the L85, a gun that will actually punch you in the face for being left handed, Magpul had to make the e-mag ambidextrous? Okay the method to put an L85 at rest is always left side down, so maybe its just so they can tell if its loaded when its lying around on a table etc., but I cant shake the feeling someone somewhere hasn't thought that through as far as they should have.

Whatever made big Magpul update the Emag its nice to see PTS following through and giving us the up to date version, unlike there acr that doesn't quite match the production version.

^ When, on the rare occasion, you get a stoppage with the SA80, what side do you look at when carrying out NSPs [edit: I mean IAs]......

To have a single-windowed mag on a Brit loadout, you might as well insert a banana. ;)

Options for British loadouts / L85 replicas getting more UK-accurate by the day - and good to see. Already bought x10.

So because the Ministry of defence bought them for the L85, a gun that will actually punch you in the face for being left handed, Magpul had to make the e-mag ambidextrous? Okay the method to put an L85 at rest is always left side down, so maybe its just so they can tell if its loaded when its lying around on a table etc., but I cant shake the feeling someone somewhere hasn't thought that through as far as they should have.

Do keep in mind that the L85 is not the sole weapon these (RS) EMags are produced for. These Emags are sold to Civilian/LE/Mil who use rifles with magwells incompatible with the PMag; including HK416, FN SCAR, ARX160, IMI Tavor, Steyr AUG, etc.

Weapons like the HK416, SCAR, ARX160 may attract lefty/ambidextrous users who may want to use EMags.

I'm personally pretty indifferent about PMAGs vs EMAGs. I use both styles in airsoft as well as RS shooting. I have no favorites. Neither seem more "tacticool" to me. They're just kit. Personally I'd rather see transparent PMAGs but the material is too brittle to make it into mags for RS. I do like my windowed PMAGs though. During drills and barricade practice, being able to look at the window and assess in less than a second how many rounds I have left is awesome. Wish the PTS PMAGs also had that "look". Though for airsoft, a completely transparent PMAG would be (for me) preferable. That's also why I like my KA Lancer mags.

Whatever made big Magpul update the Emag its nice to see PTS following through and giving us the up to date version, unlike there acr that doesn't quite match the production version.

It's been said innumerous times before ... the PTS ACR is the final rendition of the Magpul ACR/Masada before Magpul Industries handed it over to Bushmaster and Remington. I think people just don't like that answer. But it's the truth. I even got that info direct from the designers at Magpul Industries. PTS are not trying to sell you a Bushmaster ACR. They're selling you a Magpul Industries ACR/Masada, the way Magpul Industries always intended it to be and is the same as the final version Magpul Industries developed. Bushmaster then took the designs and revised them according to what they saw would be viable as a commercial firearm and as something they could submit to the US DOD for the next evolution of the military rifle. And sadly, it's commonly known that those changes have not been for the better. Which is what always blows my mind when I hear people demanding for the Bushmaster ACR rather than the Magpul Industries ACR. I think people like the idea of the Bushmaster ACR a lot more than the reality of it. The real Bushmaster ACR is widely considered in the RS community ... a POS. It's been plagued by production issues since day one. Issues the Magpul Industries ACR never had. The production version was supposed to be the Magpul Industries ACR. What was produced was the Bushmaster ACR. It's unfortunate a lot of people don't realize that or continue to ignore that truth.

Another point that I think people forget is that Bushmaster and Remington own the rights to their versions of the ACR. So until PTS procures the rights to manufacture the Bushmaster or Remington ACR, they're busy making Magpul Industries' final production ready version of the ACR/Masada. The version that Magpul Industries wanted to be produced all along.

<snip>

Another point that I think people forget is that Bushmaster and Remington own the rights to their versions of the ACR. So until PTS procures the rights to manufacture the Bushmaster or Remington ACR, they're busy making Magpul Industries' final production ready version of the ACR/Masada. The version that Magpul Industries wanted to be produced all along.

that's the key point people miss. MagPul don't own the rights to the BUSHMASTER ACR, I think Bushmaster might get a wee pissy on if MagPul PTS started producing Bushmaster ACR's,

It's been said innumerous times before ... the PTS ACR is the final rendition of the Magpul ACR/Masada before Magpul Industries handed it over to Bushmaster and Remington.

Yes and it is therefore not the production version. I Know shrub-master cheeped out on a couple parts then blatantly lied that it was meant for .223 not 5.56 to try and cover it up, but they made a couple of changes that imo look better than the guns work, like removing the front sight and the lighter rail system instead of that big one piece thing. Unfortunatly if memory serves Remington trades on airsoft guns are held by cybergun, so if it ever happens that PTS do bring one out it'll be priced somewere in the region of an international airport.

God ... I pray Cybergun never has any role in a Remington ACR AEG development. :x

There are definitely some aesthetics of the Bushy/Remy ACR that I can appreciate. I especially really like the look of their ejection port. I also really like the look (but not the weight) of Remington's skeletonized handguard.

IIRC no. The Internals are not clear plastic, you CAN if you really want however, use the internals from a KA Lancer Midcap perhaps even an AUG midcap might fit with some modifcations, then remove the bullet plastic and you'll have your working window, albeit in the wrong place to check your ammo capacity.

Archived