HK G17 GEN4 frame kits

NonEx

Perhaps not that newsworthy. Just ran into this on AirsoftGlobals site and thought it was kind of interesting actually.

HK Full Marking Frame For WE G17 (BK, Gen.4)

HK-PSF-P12-0003-AG-1.jpg

Let's say you have the WE G17 Gen3 or Gen4 with an aftermarket slide with trades, and your stock WE non traded frame looks like *suitcase*, or maybe you have a TM G17 Gen3 that you want to spice up (if the kit fits, but I guess it "should"?) this is a good product. I thought the price was pretty decent too compared to say, Guarders counterparts for the TM Gen3 G17.

Hope they release more varieties of this.

More products to the Airsoft people! Not that our wallets need it but...

http://www.airsoftglobal.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=634_223&products_id=15921&zenid=3rb22nob44bskms53s65nfdls4

Posted · Hidden by Misfit, October 17, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by Misfit, October 17, 2012 - No reason given

You know what's a beauty? The WE-Tech 18c Gen 4. Spent ages looking for the cheapest one, and it seems like this BB Guns place was the best value for money! The HK3P G18C Gen4 looks fair enough but the blowback on the WE-Tech is incredible. How much was yours? I love my glocks! What's your next one looking to be? I'm tempted to go a bit wild and go for something completely different like a rifle...

Definitely a plus, considering that I hear HK3P's polymer frame is much better/less plastic-y compared to the Guarder one. I'm personally awaiting my HK3P G18C Gen4 :)

Agreed. Bought a Guarder frame under the impression that it would be nicer than my stock HK3 one, installed it, and didn't like it as much at all. Swapped all the parts back almost immediately. Guarder doesn't feel too different, but definitely has a glossier finish

Agreed. Bought a Guarder frame under the impression that it would be nicer than my stock HK3 one, installed it, and didn't like it as much at all. Swapped all the parts back almost immediately. Guarder doesn't feel too different, but definitely has a glossier finish

Guarder frame is basically just for the trade, and the slight improvement in the front screw post design over the all-plastic TM design. I don't know how the WE ones are though. The Guarder for the KJW G19 frame is another improvement over their G17 frame, the front screw post is again reinforced but done better this time, and they added a fake pin over the trigger pin for looks.

maybe you have a TM G17 Gen3 that you want to spice up (if the kit fits, but I guess it "should"?)

I couldn't test ist, but the internals from WE do look a little different from TM. Until proven otherwise I would only recommend it for WE G17s.

I couldn't test ist, but the internals from WE do look a little different from TM. Until proven otherwise I would only recommend it for WE G17s.

I've used a TM mag in a WE and a WE mag in a TM since they're supposed to be direct clones so in theory they should have interchangeable.

I'm not talking about the mags, they fit. In some cases. I've heard of older TMs not working properly with WE mags...

But the frame is a different story. The whole trigger mechanism is different. TM has a trigger that stays back, even if the gun is decocked. The WE trigger stays forward. Maybe TM internals still fit - but I would wait until someone tested it.

I'm not talking about the mags, they fit. In some cases. I've heard of older TMs not working properly with WE mags...

But the frame is a different story. The whole trigger mechanism is different. TM has a trigger that stays back, even if the gun is decocked. The WE trigger stays forward. Maybe TM internals still fit - but I would wait until someone tested it.

cheers for the clarification, I've ordered one of these sets and I'll let you know what I find.

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered 2 from ASG and both arrived today. In spite of you know who opening the package and inspecting what was in one of the boxes, I'm happy to report they are both safe & sound. On to the pics!

IMG_0903.jpg

IMG_0904.jpg

IMG_0908.jpg

IMG_0905.jpg

IMG_0906.jpg

With flash:

IMG_0912.jpg

IMG_0911.jpg

Apologies, I'm not the greatest photog in the world.

How does it feel compared to WE / HK standard Gen3 material, and TM Gen3, and Guarder Gen3, if you have used those?

Other than the slight aesthetic differences between Gen 3/Gen 4 frames, the look & feel of the HK3 lowers are identical.

I've fondled the TMs; have done a few builds (upgrades mostly of the slide/barrel) for LEOs. The TM frame is more plasticky, but not by much. In comparing both to the RS G17, I don't know quite were some folks get the impression the HK3 plastic feels brittle or poorly made. Hardly, HK3 certainly did an excellent job replicating a quality lower. Definitely better than Guarder frames. Now WE is know for making one of the best furniture for their GBBRs so no doubt in my book that the pistol frames won't disappoint. I have a WE G17 that I purchased as a bone yard (parts) gun; the frame is close (look) but not exact. Maybe that is were people feel the plastic feels poorly made & brittle. I feel that QC may be better with the HK3 releases. Comparing the fit, feel, and finish between a WE and HK3 G17, HK3 is hands down definitely better.

In a nutshell, its HK3>Guarder>TM.

Almost forgot, the screw posts have no brass inserts, exactly like TMs. We all know as fact about the TMs front post being an Achilles heel but nevertheless, still holds up quite well. Again, no doubt the HK3 frames will be more durable. Though only time will tell if my assessment is spot on or not.

Is that just optical illusion? Looks like the nose of the frame is drooping down. Can you sit the frame upside down on a true flat surface?

I think its the camera or operator error. :rofl:

I'll see what I can do...

EDIT: Its the camera I am using, my Macro setting seems to amplify it.

As an example, my Hk3 G18c pic taken with the same camera:

IMG_0913.jpg

When taking pictures of my M4s, pics have the same effect showing up. I don't have my DSLR at this moment. The frame is even across until about an inch up the front of the frame. Rocking the frame front to back and vice versa, there is a barely negligible play between the flat surface and the tip of the frame. My other frame is straight front to back.

Thanks for the info, I did not expect to hear the HK frame beating out the Guarder one, although I have to say I was not as impressed by the Guarder frame as I thought I would have been.

IMO the frame on the WE XDM is really nice. HK PX4, not so much, but I think it looks like the RS, gloss and shine wise, but it feels to "ABSy".

IMO the frame on the WE XDM is really nice. HK PX4, not so much, but I think it looks like the RS, gloss and shine wise, but it feels to "ABSy"................

I know what you mean about the PX4 from HK, I've played :no: with a RS PX4 from a LE friend of mine, and the HK looks more RS indeed :D , I was dissapointed by Beretta's polymer and slide finish, they really looked Airsoft-ish ...

To be honest I don't have handled an airsoft HK PX4, the only thing that I can tell is by judging from different pics that I've seen, but the RS PX4 felt just OK, I compared the RS Beretta's polymer vs RS Glock's polymer and the Glock's wins anytime, the PX's was shiny and slippery, it looked a lot like the ABS plastic on an Army R17 Glock, and the thing that disturbed me the most :o was the RS PX4 slide finish, it was really worn at the front only by holstering and deholstering into a Fubus holster, it was my friend's duty pistol but because he was assigned as a government official security guard, saw little actual use, the finish looked as if painted... Really weird...

Archived