Alpha-Tec Hex Grenade

bettyblue84

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

Anyone know what's going on with these?

A quick look at the Alpha Tec website, Facebook page and Airsoft Machine Shop (the manufacturer of them) Facebook page shows no updates since January, the Airsoft Machine Shop website is no longer there either and hasn't been for a while.

Other than that no idea really, my experience of manufacturing has taught me everything takes longer than planned but it sounds like they were ready to go into production at the start of the year so the long prototyping period should have been out of the way.

Yep.  I checked all those.  It seems a bit odd with no updates.

I'm thinking they made the announcement before they were ready to try and kill off that other multi shot BFG in the works, which apparently worked.  Now they don't have to worry about bringing it to market so quickly.

Yep.  I checked all those.  It seems a bit odd with no updates.

I'm thinking they made the announcement before they were ready to try and kill off that other multi shot BFG in the works, which apparently worked.  Now they don't have to worry about bringing it to market so quickly.

Even if the ID one was still cancelled I'd have thought AMS would want to get them made and sold asap given they/he bought two HAAS CNC machines just before the end of 2014, the lathe alone is a £32,000 + VAT and tooling (probably rigging too) cost to pay back and make a return on, not the sort of thing you'd want to leave sitting around going unused really, not to mention the rent on the industrial unit.

Ah.  I was not aware of their significant investment.  Glad it made it to market in the end.

I think you've misunderstood, Airsoft Machine Shop who were/are going to make the Alpha Tec hex grenade splashed out on a couple of shiny new HAAS CNC machines. Incentive designs have actually released their grenade but it's not clear if they have in-house machining facilities or if they simply subcontract out, not that it really matters, theirs is on sale and they are presumably making a profit on them, or at least working towards recovering R&D costs.

I can give you a quick update on these guy's. The work shop has been swamp with other non airsoft related work, so work on these grenades has kinda fallen on the back burner.

The only work done on them has been on a weekend if the machines aren't tied up on other projects.

The original design has also been change to cut down on machining and labour time although the internals are still the original design which work a treat.

I will get some pictures and video of one up after the weekend.

I think you've misunderstood, Airsoft Machine Shop who were/are going to make the Alpha Tec hex grenade splashed out on a couple of shiny new HAAS CNC machines. Incentive designs have actually released their grenade but it's not clear if they have in-house machining facilities or if they simply subcontract out, not that it really matters, theirs is on sale and they are presumably making a profit on them, or at least working towards recovering R&D costs.

Ah.  Gotcha.  So many names and acronyms. Got confused.

You have to remember that Airsoft machine shop applies to one side of the business but also that name cannot work for engineering company's looking to subby out non airsoft related jobs.

Also as far as Incentive designs are concerned they will no doubt contract out their work which means the the machining company will just focus on that one job.

This shows in the RRP while Incentive are £135 each Alpha tech will be around the £90 mark because the designing and machining is done in house.

Also I'm going to have some pics and vids up next week of the Alpha-tech impact grenade.

Still very keen to have one of these! 

EDIT:

I left a message on their facebook page asking on a release date etc. This is the reply I got. I assume it's ok to share as their page is public!

"Afternoon James.

We are in the process of finishing the first batch of 50x, with a further batch of 200 of the aluminium parts ready to be anodized.

We were hoping for launch back end of this week, maybe next, but Jimmy has been in and out of hospital with his newborn (he pulled his alphaone game this weekend).

if you are wanting an orange one it will be part of the 200 that are off to the anodisers, back in 2 weeks or so.

regards
Keith

JH3qsco.jpg

ug89dsX.jpg"

So fingers crossed. I need me an orange one! 

was offered presale on these. kinda glad i turned it down.

heres the line from that 'The bangs are just undergoing insurance checks and being given the all clear by site owners and I have been informed this will take till next week Wednesday when you lucky ladies and gents will get them shortly after'

?That Wednesday being today.

I too was offered presale on them.. agreed to take it but never got to paying. 

So they will be covered at normal sites without the individual site needing to get them checked and approved by their site insurer? 

I was worried about getting one as I would then have the issue of not being able to use it till each site gets them checked out but if thats not the case maybe I'll look into it more seriously. 

• 7 months later...

Archived