LMT Monolithic Rail Platform for GBB

uscmCorps

Walking through airsoft central in Hong Kong the other day, I walked past an airsoft store (on the right of Armed Forces' Store) and noticed a couple LMT MRP's in the window. One I immediately recognized as BestGun's AEG Kit they made a few years ago. The second however was clearly a kit made for a GBB M4 type system:

heroarmslmtmrpgbb.jpg

It's clearly the updated version of the LMT MRP as BestGun's AEG version was the old MRP design. You can tell it's the updated version based on the barrel quick swap locking design that's visible from the outside of the rail.

Asked inside the store for more details, and the female shopkeeper said she didn't know much aside from the fact that it'd cost upwards of HK$7,000 (or US$900+) and that it was a full kit. It'll still be a few months before it's out, but seeing it in the store fully built clearly tell us that it's more than vaporware. They couldn't give more details than that such as: which GBB system (WA or WE), but it looks like the WA ... also no details on how many parts would come with the kit or if the barrel quick swap was still apart of the design (but it appears to be, which kinda makes sense because WA's HopUp system would be reasonably easy to work into the barrel assembly for a quick swap system).

The LMT MRP I saw in the display had a 10" barrel installed. I can't read Chinese, so I have no idea what the card in front of it says.

Digging a little more, I found out that the kit is being made by a Hong Kong Airsoft company: Hero Arms.

That's as much as I know.

Yes the price is high, but keep in mind that this is (1) probably a short production run, (2) expensive to make. Unlike VIS upper receiver/rails whose rail and receiver are cast separately and then welded together before CNC'ing (both the RS and DYTac versions are like this), the MRP on the other hand completely starts off as one cast piece which is then CNC'ed down to the finished product. I've often asked airsoft manufacturers if they'd make one and many have said they'd often considered it but decided not to due to the high production cost (especially in molding). Looks like Hero Arms decided it was worth it.

FYI the sign reads(as far as I can make based on the blurry pic, lol):

"CNC Upper, Lower is Taiwanese made Inokatsu, (something i can't make out) Available soon."

So sounds like a Ino-based upper, which would be RS spec, and might also fit Prime since its the same as Ino....

That's interesting about the VIS, I didn't know that it is not one piece, I always thought it is...

Wait... you took Hong Kong over Dragon Con??

LOL ... I haven't been to Dragon Con in a few years since I stopped moderating on AliensLegacy. I do miss the USCM crew there though. There were some good times though I'm sure there's an entirely new crowd there. Do I know you from the old forum? :huh:

• 3 months later...

Archived