Opsec Airsoft Internet Radio

Evil Empire INC

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, you guys become disloyal to airsoftradio.com ?

Okey, for all who really don't know them yet.

Go check out www.airsoftradio.com .

The hosts Bill and Lance (btw Arnies members) do a heck of

a job talking about stuff they really know about as they are active softers and

not just "Chairsofters" :) to use their words. They publish a show on their website almost every weekend.

Okey, that should be enough to earn me +1 from them :D.

• 7 months later...

I know, complete Necropost, but better to update this one than to add to the forum clutter, no? Now, onto the content!

Hey Arnies,

Radar from OPSEC Airsoft Radio here, stopping in to give everyone and update on the on-goings of the station. Alot has changed since the initial post and I figured who better to hear it from than the GM himself. In no particular order:

Live Broadcasts

- We now broadcast from a SHOUTcast platform, increasing compatibility 10x. (How-to-tune-in-live-link)

- The Live Shows take place on Thursdays at 7:00p PST (-8 GMT).

- Audience participation is encouraged and we have opened up several methods for the public to chime in (Telephone, Skype, IRC Chat, E-mail, Plugs and Forums).

- Nothing is censored... your opinions/thoughts/ideas, be it praise or hate, is valued and are never filtered.

Live Show Archives (AKA Podcast)

- We now use an unmetered dedicated host for the MP3 distribution.

- The archives are available via iTunes, just do a search for 'opsec'.

For those that have never listened or visited the web page, let me lay down what we are all about:

For each show, we attempt to create the same atmosphere, discussions, etc that we experience after each event we play. Head to the pub, have a pint and talk shop. No real format or formalities... just good friends and airsoft discussions (which are more like debates or shouting matches after a few rounds). Everyone on the show, from the hosts to the engineer, are active airsofters.. no "chair-softers" here!

While we focus on the SoCal Airsoft scene, the show and topics are more global than the tag line ("The Voice of SoCal Airsoft") suggests. We have listeners all over North America (yes, Canada, I remembered you!) and we are even starting to get a following overseas (UK & Austrailia mostly). Should you give the show a shot, just remember our informal formula:

85% Entertainment

10% Drunken Banter

3% Technical Difficulties

2% Airsoft

-----------------

100% OPSEC

Our Latest Offering:

We reran our 7/12/06 John Lu (Op: Lion Claws, Irene, etc) interview last night... a 3hr show, but if you ever wanted to know how he got started, the backend to a few of the games, why LC5 tanked... its all there. Here's the direct link:

Right click, Save As

72.1 MB, 3h:00m:06s

Please feel free to shoot me a PM or hit me up on AIM with any questions/concerns you may have.

Cheers,

- Radar

• 2 months later...

I know, I know, necro post....whatever...It's better than making a new topic.

Does anyone know what happened to airsoft radio? I started listen right after the last show was posted, and I have heard nothing since, I check there website every couple of days, along with itunes, and since the one for Friday november, 29, 2006(Which was actually posted in october...hmmmm...) I have heard nothing about it.

It's a great show, and if you don't listen, you should. I have heard them mention arnies, and how they get lots of hits from here, so I figured this would be a good place to ask.

Does anyone know what's going on? Are they gone for good? Will they be coming back soon? I'm worried.

I did search...and I find it hard to believe that there were no topics...but as we all know, the search function doesn't work very well.

I know, I know, necro post....whatever...It's better than making a new topic.

Does anyone know what happened to airsoft radio? I started listen right after the last show was posted, and I have heard nothing since, I check there website every couple of days, along with itunes, and since the one for Friday november, 29, 2006(Which was actually posted in october...hmmmm...) I have heard nothing about it.

+1

You mean http://www.airsoftradio.com , right? I have been wondering the same thing. It is a quality program with tons of info... anyone not familiar should def give them a go. I sure hope they are not out for the count, but you'd think they would anounce it if they were out. Regardless, anyone with the scoop... ?

Cheers,

- Radar

Big show tonight packed with a little bit for everyone:

On the program we have:

- Guests: Lemon (Legacy Staffer), Matt (aka Boots) and maybe a few others?

- This Week In SoCal Airsoft

- New Airsoft Items.. 3 items of interest

- SoCal Airsoft Dictionary

- Main Topic: Building An Airsoft Team

- Sub Topic: Introducing Family/Friends to Airsoft

- New music... Electro!

So Listen live at 7:00p PST (-8 GMT) tonight to participate or grab the podcast tomorrow.

Cheers,

- Radar

Today is our 1st Birthday Show LIVE from Steelhawk Airsoft OC:

Steelhawk Airsoft OC

2744 Chapman Ave.

Orange, CA. 92689

On the program we have:

- 4 New Interesting Airsoft Items

- Interview With a Mystery Guest

- SoCal Airsoft Jeopardy

- OPSEC Airsoft... So It's Come To This

- Master Debater: 6mm vs 8mm

- Music... our favorites from over the year

Quite a massive show... show up at Steelhawk OC or tune in LIVE at 1:00p PST (-8 GMT).

Cheers,

- Radar

With livers still swollen from the Birthday show, we are back on the mics tonight!

On the program we have:

- This Week In SoCal Airsoft

- New Airsoft Items.. 3 items of interest

- Main Topic: Theatrics In Airsoft

- New music... Rock/Alternative

So Listen live at 7:00p PST (-8 GMT) tonight to participate or grab the podcast tomorrow.

Cheers,

- Radar

Archived