xbox 360 bust

screamin_weasel

well ive got mine apart lol. managed to not break the seal on the internals box. unfortunately i dont have the right sized torque screwdriver to remove the heatsinks and fans to see if my GPU is fried. that will have to wait until tomorrow. everything else looks in fine shape though. plenty of dust in there though.

if/when its fixed, ill be looking into some homemade cooling solutions i think.

If all else fails you can mod your 360 into an alarm clock/tissue dispenser. 

Haha, nice.

Purely anecdotal, and coming from the US, had a talk with the manager of my local EB Games store, said he hasn't seen another console that has had as many failures as the 360, and that he has to replace at least a couple a week. Information I could've used before purchasing my 360... Anyway, his experience is that certain components in the thing are generating more heat than the system is designed to deal with, mainly the dvd drive. Asked him if he has had to deal with any broken PS3s yet, none. Anyway, anecdotal, but worth noting. He suggested purchasing the cooling addon that is made for the 360.

well even though you havnt broken the physical seal taking your 360 apart, there is always more that cant be seen under normal light.

when i was with hp, we had to scan ALL of the inside case with more then 4 different lights and 2 different types of glasses if it was a warrenty repair (luckily hp buisness does not handle many things that are under warrenty!) :blink: we looked like somthing outa frigging CSI!

but im keeping with my home modded xbox (normal) until the ps3 comes out, then its decision time!

Archived