WW2 American Ranger Loadout.

Fellowz

well ive found the clothing on sofmilitary.com but i am curious about the webbing. now the only US ww2 AEG i can think of is the Thompson but i was looking for a B.A.R yet i cant seem to find one. so im looking for a picture of a ranger with a Thompson loadout.

Somewhere to look would be the movie "Saving Private Ryan". In that movie, Tom Hanks' character is a Ranger and he is carrying a Thompson, so that loadout would be somewhere to start. I'm not sure exactly where to find that stuff, but like Vesex said, ebay is your friend, as well as pretty much any surplus place. Cheaper Than Dirt might be a good place to look, they've got a lot of stuff. Good luck, post some pics when you get it finished!

Somewhere to look would be the movie "Saving Private Ryan". In that movie, Tom Hanks' character is a Ranger and he is carrying a Thompson, so that loadout would be somewhere to start. I'm not sure exactly where to find that stuff, but like Vesex said, ebay is your friend, as well as pretty much any surplus place. Cheaper Than Dirt might be a good place to look, they've got a lot of stuff. Good luck, post some pics when you get it finished!

i watched it before i made the thread and after watching it i knew that a WW2 loadout would be pretty sweet.

it looke like Tom had a Vest of some sort but again ive looked a pics on the web and they are not big enough to be sure.

No B.A.R aeg to my knowledge yet...

Seriously, ebay and google are your two best friends when searching for something hard to find.

Are you going to france anytime soon? long shot i know, but you will pick some up dirt cheap there, around the normandy area. Dont ask why i was there, but i was, and i know its cheap.

shootnscoot.co.uk would probebly do a BAR and WGC are about to do a king arms one. if you've got buckets of money to throw at it mind.

best bet is get the webbing and a thompson.

the vest he wears btw is the first ever assault vest you can get these in repro on SOF they're £150 mind but accurate and would complete the loadout.

pete

Of course, there -was- very recent 20 piece limited edition BAR... :)

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...C-AEG-BARCNCLTD

that is one seriously hot AEG. im assuming its an AEG not a Gas rifle? ive seen a few around on google.

but when can i expect TM or someone to make one i LOVE the BAR. its pure 30 cal heaven.

That was limited-run 20-piece AEG. CNC-milled out of pure WIN. :)

They might do a larger run of the AEG later, but it's nowhere certain when. Some of the Chinese producers could be looking at BAR as we speak, since they already got the MP40 out. Which, incidentally, wouldn't be a completely useless choice in the post-Overlord phase of a Ranger outfit... :)

Start out with a Tommy, but since you outrun the supply chain... Picked up the MP40 and do the assault reload, ie. pick the mags from whomever you ran over in the latest advance.

SOFmilitary is awesome, however they do know how to charge. You will probably get everything you need from them for a full ranger loadout.

I might be wrong bu i think Captain Miller (Hanks) wore the 'First run D-Day assault Vest' as found on SOF quite cheaply. Probably a pistol belt with a .45 1911, and some Thompson mag pouches. They also do the 2nd Rangers helmet with the red diamond with number 2 in it. Aswell as all the clothing.

I suggest u search ebay for the items and see if they are cheaper. Obv if you want the gear asap and in one go buy the lot from SOF but u will probably need £200+ if you want to do it properly.

Thats my 2 cence.

I cannot for the life of me remember where I got this photo. If it's yours, please let me know so I can credit you or remove it if you wish...

No kit list or anything here, but hope this helps?

PPWWIIRanger.jpg

You can also get an AEG M1 Garand. This guy converts M14 into M1 Garands using real steal parts. You can order them from him on www.ww2airsoft.com. Here is the link:

http://ww2aa.proboards45.com/index.cgi?boa...read=1175893276

Here are a couple of pics:

3gunsrear.jpg

3guns3.jpg

atthefront.com sells a full infrantry package. This is what a basic Ranger would have worn:

uspackage_infantryfront.jpg

And they sell a replica of the helmet Cpt. Miller used:

us_head_miller_main.jpgus_head_miller_rear.jpg

The guy who sell the them gives instruction on how to modify M14 mags to fit flush with the mag well. This makes them look as if they weren't there. He also includes one.

Oh and he no longer sells just the kits so you have to buy the M14 from him as well. He bases them on either an AGM or Tokyo Marui.

Archived