Chavs...

L4byr1nth

Boulder, is a dry city though isn't it?  Set up to buld The Dam by hoover. It's workers made Las Vegas what it is today if I remember correctly.

No, that would be in Nevada. Newbkiller lives in Colorado(as do I). We're a few states over.

BTW, my father works in Boulder and we were considering moving there so he would be closer to work. To get a feel for what the town was like to spend time in we spent a day down there just kinda walking around this outdoor mall area with all these little shops and whatnot(Newbkiller probably knows the place I'm talking about.)

We went into a little t-shirt shop and had a look around. It was pretty obvious from the moment we walked in the shopkeeper was high. My father and I both wanted a couple t-shirts but he didn't have the ones we wanted in the size we needed. So he goes back into this little room that can't be more than 4' by 8' to print up the shirts. After about 5-10 minutes he comes out of the room with a cloud of smoke pouring out the door.

That would be funny enough, but then my father looks at his shirt and discovers it's the wrong size, so the guy goes back into the little room to print up another. He comes out in a few minutes and it's the right size but the shirt's the wrong color! This was just getting funnier and funnier by the moment. :P So he goes back in the room to print up another shirt. He comes out and not only is this one the wrong size again but the text was the wrong color too(dark text on dark shirt, impossible to read.) My father and I couldn't help but start laughing right on the spot. The guy probably felt like an *albatross* but we couldn't help it. Finally on the fourth try he got the shirt correct and we paid and left the shop still laughing.

I know Las Vegas is in Nevada but it was a small town with nothing going for it until the workers moved to Boulder. The workers were paid in scrip rather than cash and were also not allowed to drink so they went drinking and whoring in Las Vegas and paid for the services in scrip. The prostitutes and other businesses then went to Boulder with that scrip to do thier shopping. Interesting bit of history I think.

I know Las Vegas is in Nevada but it was a small town with nothing going for it until the workers moved to Boulder.  The workers were paid in scrip rather than cash and were also not allowed to drink so they went drinking and whoring in Las Vegas and paid for the services in scrip. The prostitutes and other businesses then went to Boulder with that scrip to do thier shopping. Interesting bit of history I think.

Yes you are absolutely right, I was just saying that Boulder, Colorado is a different place than the Boulder you're thinking of. It's probably at least 500 miles from Las Vegas or the Hoover Dam.

There are lots of redundant cities in the U.S. For instance, I live in Aurora, Colorado, but there is also an Aurora, Illinois(which, coincidentally, is where my mother grew up); Aurora, Washington; Aurora, New York; etc, etc.

• 4 weeks later...
There are lots of redundant cities in the U.S. For instance, I live in Aurora, Colorado, but there is also an Aurora, Illinois(which, coincidentally, is where my mother grew up); Aurora, Washington; Aurora, New York; etc, etc.

Love the road names around Aurora, especially how theres 2 South Ireland Ways within 500 yards of each other.

Confused me no end.

Archived