Thumper CO2 Training Grenade

tom lawson

ou guys can use pyro, 99% of the US players cannot (or at least should not) so we don't have a lot of options.

:huh:

If you play out in the country like we do, we use pyros all the time (as long as the ground is a little moist)

Oh dear, they won't be very popular in the UK at all, especially when you can have these for less

Well, maybe i need to post up my video from inside a water holding tank, where its MUCH MUCH louder then that. But have as you will, it all depends on the condition, you see.

They also see relativly

! I would not be happy to have that
feet from my ear.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=VIdaL9xZQc8 FAIL

Yeah you want to bear in mind that Mk9s are generally not used that often for 'direct' application like in those vids, like anyone sane person those vids are just using the Mk9 to blow stuff up for fun, theres a difference between sticking them in a water melon for lulz on the tubes and throwing one at someone which we do see...to be honest I have no sympathy for the guy who had it go off near him, his mates shouted about the incoming, I know even if you are firing away you can hear the fuse fizzing away when its that close and he had more than enough time to stick his fingers in his ears.

I've been roughly the same distance away from a Mk.9 going off and you get a ringing in your ears and thats about it, try being 10m from a Mk.45 going off, you wonder when the bush that just got sent into orbit is going to come back down on you :P

I am considering buying one of these, sure its as costly as pyro per use, but what about sites that don't allow pyros and BFGs? They may be rare but they are out there. Also, this seems a heck of a lot simpler that a BFG as I don't see how you run the risk of stuck shells and primers with this.

And for me as it does cost a bit per use its enough of a deterrant for me to not just roll it into rooms around the house set to go off for fun as I probably would do with a 9mm BFG : D

Oh, staged explosives? Operation Round up in Wisconsin two weeks ago had some cool explosives (BIG ones, 5-9 feet fireballs from them, kicking up dirt), but they were all planted by a profesional, and detonated with an area cleared. Nothing special... These are more for, you have NO idea whats on the other side of a door, so you throw one in.

Well, not always staged as you see in the vids but that 'yield' is more commonly used for 'special' stuff ie Mk.9 on bridge destroys bridge sorta stuff.

I bought one of these today and its a nice bit of kit, talking to Frenchie at Airsoft World the price them have them for is the cheapest you'll get in the country unless the people who make the TG6s make them cheaper for retailers to buy, admittedly the most expensive part bar the grenade body are the blast caps as you can buy 10 8g cartridges for £2.80, the bang is certainly loud enough for use indoors without being too loud and I hope to test it outdoors when I don't risk disturbing half of bonnie Scotland at this hour.

Although maybe not as exciting as a BFG or pyrotechnics, they are a hell of a lot simpler and safer burns wise, and as they only take a set size of cartridge theres no chance of some numpty putting a 12 guage blank into a room, I would consider them a worthwhile alternative.

Oh, and the 1.5 second detonation time is a bit wishful, its closer to 3-6 so you've enough time to throw the thing should your hand slip on the handle. The fun thing is you can always fill the blast cap with scented talc to reduce the internal volume of the cap so it pops faster and makes anyone within range smell of lilac for the rest of the day :lol:

LOL MK9 thunderflashes are pretty awesome however every site I've been to they've been banned and with pretty good reason too. We tested one at the site the other week and the shockwave it gave off was pretty amazing, then one of the guys poured water over where it'd gone off because it was looking a bit dodgy.

Mk5 thunderflashes are allowed by most sites I know (those that allow pyros) - however the MK5's and Mk9s are too light to throw over distance.

I'd only use the TG6 indoors and they only if they completely reduced the cost. You'd think they'd sell the blast cap bits on their own, cheap and in a big box of 50 or whatever.

Archived