Thumper CO2 Training Grenade

tom lawson

http://www.airsoftscotland.com/acatalog/TH...hbang-type.html

I just saw this, and they look pretty awesome!!

Im gonna phone them and find out more 2moro, as it doesnt give a lot of details on the page, and google yielded nothing more that i found useful..

theyre a pretty good price as well, with the basic ones cheaper than an hfm BFG

Enjoy,

Tom

A couple of the guys around here have them. I've held the item, disassembled it and viewed it's action. It creates a nice report when deployed and the construction is rock solid. You can put a fair amount of BB's in the end cap and while it creates a good spread, it's very directional.

Considering that it doesn't fly apart into several pieces (you retain the pull ring), uses no pyrotechnics and replacement parts are readily available, they've gotten many "thumbs up" around here.

how exactly do they work?

is it just the co2 bulbs that need to be replaced or the diaphrams as well?

because its 30quid for 12 bulbs and diaphrams, which if they needed to be changed after each use, would mean just under 3quid a pop, in which case you might as well use normal pyro.

how exactly do they work?

is it just the co2 bulbs that need to be replaced or the diaphrams as well?

because its 30quid for 12 bulbs and diaphrams, which if they needed to be changed after each use, would mean just under 3quid a pop, in which case you might as well use normal pyro.

exactly what i was thinking. But i think the burst diaphams are just if you want to use bb's as well. In which case a Co2 bulb is like 60/70p.

pull ring, pin pierces the co2 bulb, gas expands into the black cap, 3-4 seconds later, boom.

The black cap and the co2 capsule have to be replaced every time. I believe the guys that have them here found more cost effective replacements for the co2, but the diaphrams have to be purchased from the manufacturer.

While traditional pyro might be more cost effective (and more fun), state laws and environmental concerns here preclude the use of those items.

yeap Just seen that on airsoft canada thats alot of money for £3 a "pop" and £65 for the actual grenade, i mean if you want a decant pyro to throw buy ball grenades only £1.50 each ;)

Also on ASC claimed to be a realistic 1.5secs "Time from spoon release to explosion is approximately 1.5 seconds"

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=26965

I've not seen the 8g CO2 bulbs it uses before, Airsoft World sell the 12g CO2 bulbs on their own (for gas guns), so by the looks of it you're forced into buying Charges Pack.

Ebay seem to have them which i guess means they are out there and available somewhere.

Edit: Seems the link doesn't work, search fro 8g co2

Ebay seem to have them which i guess means they are out there and available somewhere.

Edit: Seems the link doesn't work, search fro 8g co2

The 8g ones have been around for yonks, my dads mum had a soda stream thing thats like 30 years old that takes them ;)

These nades are a bit expensive for the UK though really, at least with BFGs the blanks are pretty cheap and you do make a saving.

I'll stick with £1.60 Mk5s though :P

I'm really on the fence for buying these. They are VERY cool tools. I've had them go off PLENTY of times before, including in a water holding tank (Which when it went off, i could FEEL the percusion from the blast on my shirt and pants).

They work quite well, and really are a distraction indoors. Outdoors, it isnt soo much. They are loud still, but its dispursed, compared to bouncing off the walls in indoors.

The diaphragms cant be reused. They are a plastic top that screws on and when the co2 is poped, it builds up pressure and blows the threads off the plastic cap, thus making it unable to be re-used.

[...]The diaphragms cant be reused. They are a plastic top that screws on and when the co2 is poped, it builds up pressure and blows the threads off the plastic cap, thus making it unable to be re-used. 

Thanks for clearing that up! That means that the operation cost of these sky rockets - £30 for 12 uses takes the cost up to £1.67 per pop. And £65 with THREE uses for the grenade.... eeehh errrrh!!

Seeing as I just bought 50 pyros from Airsoft World in a bulk of 50 for £1.50 each - fair enough some sites don't allow pyros but given the choice... Also lets face it after you throw something away you don't really want to be spending the next 5 minutes looking through bushes trying to find it again. Would be ok for CQB areas where it'd be easy to find.

Nice idea. Too expensive.

Saying that I've been chasing the dream of a decent reusable gas grenade for ages, still no joy. I want something that'll send BBs flying in all directions.

I can only see this grenade being used where you absolutely totally had no other choice in the matter.

I'm not sure I'd want to use these indoors as according to the company webby they generate approx 120dB which is classified as uncomfortably loud and roughly the equivalent to a military jet taking off on afterburners at 50ft.

I'm not sure I'd want to use these indoors as according to the company webby they generate approx 120dB which is classified as uncomfortably loud and roughly the equivalent to a military jet taking off on afterburners at 50ft.

Let me start by saying I own a pair of these. I'm not sure where that dB measurement was taken, but they *might* be that loud if it went off right next to your head. I've blown 'em at my feet in an enclosed concrete room and had no problems. They're quite comfortable. AND for the U.S. they're great because they're not pyro based. Anything pyro based is a non-starter in a lot of the country, and particularly here in the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia (fire bad!, FIRE BAAAAAD!!!)

Jesse

I 100% agree with the UK guys in regards to being pointless for them. You guys can use pyro, 99% of the US players cannot (or at least should not) so we don't have a lot of options.

I own 2 of these and they are pretty nice by our standards of use. They are expensive to use (roughly $5-7 a pop) but you can get the 8 gram (whippets) CO2's easily enough so you just need to buy the diaphragms.

I have had these go off in my hand (spoon issue) and though I was ringing I was not in pain. They are loud enough to distract and surprise outdoors and indoors are most effective in small rooms. I used mine at OP: Asylum in Il. a couple weeks ago and they made quite an impression. It forced the organizers to adjust their "flashbang" rules as our side had about 6 of them....but they worked well.

As stated, construction is rock solid. There can be some timing issues so messing with the out of the box tolerances is not suggested.

All in all I'd say if you're in the US and want to have a flashbang simulator that is legal and effective....get a TG6.

If people have questions, please ask. You can find police videos of them usiing the TG6's on YouTube.

Archived