VFC BAR in Stock

gafes

i dont think they got all 20, probably only a few at most. i am one of the lucky ones and just got mine from them today. VFC deleted the carry handle and bipod (future cash as high margin accessories), but overall its a nice piece, pretty light for its size to. havent shot it yet as i'm a collector, not a player.

My retail airsoft store, The War Store, is getting 3 of the 8 coming to the US. the US version is upgraded to shoot 450 FPS compared to the version released to the rest of the world. there is only a total of 20 pieces in the whole world, so only a few lucky retailers may get a couple pieces each.

its because of the rareness and cnc machining plus shrewed marketing by VFC. if you dont do mass production, the r&d costs are spread over only the few that are made. i'm pretty sure they will come out with a mass production cast version. as for being steel, the receiver is machined (real and this replica), not stamped like say an ak, so cost is a major issue. Also, i dont think many people would want to carry that much weight around, the real one weighs a ton.

There isn't any reason for a gun to cost that much and not be steel.

it's CNC machined out of solid aluminum. here's a pic of the prototype showing how much of it is aluminum:

post-23163-1180664704_thumb.jpg

here's a good shot of the finished product:

post-23163-1180664742_thumb.jpg

there are rumors that they may make a stamped steel version at some point that is about half the price (i heard $700), however, at the moment they are still nothing but rumors; no official confirmation at all.

update, mine is in the shop to fix some issues. mainly, the wood furniture (stock and handgrip) wobble quite a bit, the shop is trying to remedy this but they have to tear it apart to do so. supposedly the play is for the realistic breakdown capability, but it is damn annoying. same with my shoei mg42, the hand grip assy is held in place by a pin/cotter pin setup and wobbles quite a bit. getting that machined/fixed as well.

i dont think they got all 20, probably only a few at most. i am one of the lucky ones and just got mine from them today. VFC deleted the carry handle and bipod (future cash as high margin accessories), but overall its a nice piece, pretty light for its size to. havent shot it yet as i'm a collector, not a player.

That's be false advertising surely. I'd be complaining to the said supplier if I'd jsut shelled out £1500 for something that's missing advertised parts.

The reason I didn't invest was due to taking aeducated manufacturing field guess that these are the advance vanguard and a pressed steel version will follow shortly.

VFC was vague on what it would come with on purpose... the prototype shown around used a real bipod. not an item that is really all that neccesary as it was so damn heavy most soldiers removed it anyway if they were going out on patrols.

the shop working on mine says fixing the wobble is not going to be simple at all... i agree a mass produced version is sure to follow in a few months, they cant make any real money on such a small production run, and it really is all about the money.

Archived