How to zero a scope?

Flakdragon

Seriously, searching Google actually works!

http://ezinearticles.com/?How-To-Zero-A-Ri...Scope&id=415018

http://www.paintballzone.com/zero.htm

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...12232647AAxFMH9

Just three picked from random.

My advice is to start again from scratch.

Yes, it's noobish, but it seems every scope I try to zero the closest I can get is having the BB in the lower right section of the scope.  This always happens.  I feel like I'm doing something wrong, I've just been turning the knobs accordingly.

Sure its not the hop-up and not the scope?

If not then here's how.

Aim at a target and shoot at it, if the BB hits the target and the scope is off adjust accordingly.

Remember, the top knob adjust for windage, simpler terms, left an right, the knob on the side is for elevation, simpler terms, up an down, adjust these to move the crosshair till it is Zero'd.

A simpler way to check if the scope is zero'd after tweeking would be to get a piece of paper, draw or print off a target, shoot at the target and see where it is hitting, then adjust till you get it center'd.

Also do not forget you might be adjusting it for skirmishing if there is a slight breeze (the wind can knock a BB off target)

Hope this is some help. :)

None of those google links helped at all. I know how to use the knobs.

I forgot to mention I've gotten the crosshair as close as possible but I encountered a lot more resistance in the knobs so I know I'm close to the limit of where I can move the knobs. Basically, I can't move it to where I want it to go simply by turning the knobs.

Solutions?

None of those google links helped at all.  I know how to use the knobs.

I forgot to mention I've gotten the crosshair as close as possible but I encountered a lot more resistance in the knobs so I know I'm close to the limit of where I can move the knobs.  Basically, I can't move it to where I want it to go simply by turning the knobs. 

Solutions?

No need to be rude, thank you very much.

That sounds like your going too far off target, try turning the knobs in the opposite direction.

Sorry for my response, but "Seriously, searching Google actually works!" doesn't have that kind loving tone, ya know?

It seems I've been going down and right in my turns (I've seen how the reticle had moved). However, I'll try to move the knobs the opposite direction.

... what? :huh: I'm not sure what you just said actually made sense.

:zorro:

I think he means the crosshair is on target and if he looks through his high mounts, the iron sights are on target too. I am reading alot into his post and could be way off.

If someone can't get the BB near the crosshair, then HUSTIE is correct ; shim the scope rail.

Flakdragon : Sounds like you just need to practice setting the gun up and this all comes from practice.

Good Hunting ;)

u dont necessarily need to touch the rail...just buy lower scope mounts if you have high or mediums..iron sights? really you dont need to use them much if youve got optics, thats what theyre there for

shooting to the right..welll...that im not sure, sometimes you just have to compensate.

Shimming the scope is about your only option in this instance.

Camera Film negatives (for those of the digital age, this is what the oldies use to take pictures on), are 'aparently' just the right thickness to give 1deg of windage/elevation at 100m. Or something like that anyway.

But the system works. Shim your scope out to move it into the correct place.

Archived