Motors ...

Delfi

Hi all,

I have a bunch of spare motors, mostly taken out of clones, which work perfectly well.

They're not marked.

Is there a simple way of determining what they are in terms of equivalence to a 'standard' (eg700, 1000 etc) ?

D

Not really.

You'd need to build some kind of dynamometer then test a TM motor to give you some baseline figures and then test your random motors to see how they compare.

Must admit, I was thinking along similar lines the other day.

I have a drawer full of springs and I was wondering if there is some way to calculate the power of the spring easily.

For example, if you dropped the spring onto a vertical spike and then sat a 5kg weight onto it, could that tell you the power of the spring?

I'm guessing it could but you'd also need to factor in the uncompressed length of the spring.

I mean, if you take a 10cm spring and a 15cm spring and they both compress by 4cm then that's fine BUT, when they're both compressed to 5cm the 15cm spring will yield more power.

Sorry to veer off there but I just thought I'd mention it. :)

In general, clone motors must be pretty good because they usually work with 1J or higher springs all the time.

Sorry to veer off there but I just thought I'd mention it. :)

In general, clone motors must be pretty good because they usually work with 1J or higher springs all the time.

That was my next question ... Hookes law just doesn't work in this case :) .

I have a KA SVD which allows easy spring swaps (and AEG springs work just fine) ... with a chrono that's a good way to estimate spring strength.

I was wondering whether it might be possible to build a simple gizmo that applies a constant physical load to the motor and then measure electrical resistance using stock TM 700 and 1000 as references.

D

I'm intrigued now.

I've popped Eg1000's in a JG SVD and an SRC AKs and both have resulted in far better trigger responses and rates of fire (as well as the motor whine going away)

I'm not sure that the chinese/taiwanese motors are much cop.

then again, Its limited experience and the JG gearbox ended up being replaced with an ICS one/metal bushings, reshimmed and re-wired so you'd expect the ROF increase really

Do you happen to know the model gun you took it out of? You could just look up the TM or CA equivalent and find out.

Thing is these clones aren't equivalent at all ... for instance, most JG clones (of TM's) fire at 350+ which is much greater than the original TM. The cloning stops at the physical bit and doesn't apply to the g/b or electronics.

D

Erm, you don't exactly need to upgrade a motor to use a stronger spring. You can use the same motor for, say a M120, it's just that the motor will be under powered, hence the use of 9.6 or higher batteries.

Although I could be wrong. For all I know they probably all have EG1000 clones in em! :D

I was wondering whether it might be possible to build a simple gizmo that applies a constant physical load to the motor and then measure electrical resistance using stock TM 700 and 1000 as references.

D

What am I talking about?

The easiest way to do this is just to measure the ROF with a microphone and make a comparison using different motors!

Of course, you might want to attach an ammeter to see which motor is the most efficient as well as which it the most powerful.

The easiest way to do this is just to measure the ROF with a microphone and make a comparison using different motors!

Which means taking a gun apart ...

And, if you look around, there are simple tricks that can give you a higher ROF without modifying a motor or any of it's driving electronics.

D

Archived