Tanaka M10 Revolver

M14

Since I only own and use airsoft replicas of weapons used in the Vietnam war, I am sort of limited on what I could use. Anyway after selling my Hudson M3A1 Grease Gun (because the local store stopped selling 134a gas) I am looking into buying another gun. Ive always liked revolvers and one of the only revolvers that would go with a Vietnam thing is the M10. Victory Models of the M10 were produced during WWII for allied soldiers and were very very similar to the Military and Police (M&P) version of the M10. It is very possible that surplus M10s made their way to Vietnam and into the hands of infantrymen, either by the black market or by them being givin to soldiers. If I do get the revolver I would put real wood M10 grips on it. My question is if there are any spare shells available and if anyone has any expirience with it?

Also, I dont care about the small ammo capicty because, even though sometimes I do 1 man hit & run pistol ambushes (only a pistol to move fast), I perfer accuracy over getting as many rounds down the field as possible.

Tanakas don't use shells.

Edit:

And all Tanakas generally perform great, with few exeptions.

Actually, the small revolvers are fairly weedy in their performance from my experience and other reviews I've read.

I'm not sure where the M10 falls in that range, but it seems the bigger the cylinder the better - The 29s and 500s are powerful, but the M36s aren't.

Cheers.

Archived