Turning a Hi-Capa 5.1 into a "real" gun

Captain Hat

Right, so you guys have been pretty helpful so far, so now I'd like to ask for something that may prove a little easier to solve. I've checked using the "Search" function, but either I'm rubbish at searching or this hasn't been asked here before.

I have two Tokyo Marui Hi-Capa 5.1s. As airsoft pistols, they're great- very reliable (even if I do have the occasional problem with the magazines), very accurate, nice and powerful- but (and here's the gripe) they aren't based on real guns. In fact, they look a little comedic, especially when I put them next to my SCW Paras. On top of that, I have decided that I'm officially a big fan of metal slides, and the plastic slides on my current pistols are getting worn out because I'm using them so much. Like I said, as airsoft guns they're fantastic.

So, I'm asking you guys- are there any "sets" of parts available that I can use to make the 5.1 into a replica of a "proper" gun? What guns can I aim to replicate? How much do the parts cost, and where do I get them? Which would you recommend?

Failing that, which upgrade parts would you recommend in terms of new metal slides (preferably black ones)? Does anyone do a decent black outer barrel and chamber, or am I better off just modifying the stock one? What other upgrades come recommended, and what effect do they have?

Thank you all for your time.

Captain the 5.1 is one of the most upgradeable guns out there including metal slides with various TRADES from the RS world.

Go to WGC or Redwolf and just tap in TM Hi-Capa 5.1 in the search option...and go crazy, I've done that with my TM 4.3 and now its Springfield traded!

One place that you could look to get some basic ideas would be the 2011 picture thread. There are some really impressive Hi-Capa projects in there (especially some of the Limcat race guns) and you might be able to ask the owners for parts lists if there is something that you like.

Hope that this is some help

If you need real steel Hi Capa-esque inspiration, go to www.stiguns.com

This is STI's website, the maker of the real steel 2011. Several of the double stack models can be made in Airsoft versions using the TM Hi Capa 5.1 as the base gun, like the Eagle, Edge, and Executive. Not *perfect* but close. That should satiate your desire to be building something "based on a real gun".

I recently sold a TM Hi Capa to a fellow forumite here on Arnies that used many real steel parts straight from www.stiguns.com, including MSH housings and caps, triggers and trigger bars, recoil rods and rear sights. (minor mods on some, but close enough)

Real trades, and outstanding Shooters Design quality --I took the gun into my local gunsmith shop in Orlando and my long time friend couldn't tell the difference for a few seconds until he saw the bore.

As already mentioned, go to Dentrinity.com and search "Hi Capa". There are a myriad of parts if you want to build one up yourself. If you want someone else to do it for you, or at least advise which parts arrangements are best for a specific purpose, PM me :).

IMG_0356.jpg

IMG_0352.jpg

IMG_0347.jpg

Nice video of the double tap on green. I should have timed that gun before I sold it!

If you need real steel Hi Capa-esque inspiration, go to www.stiguns.com

This is STI's website, the maker of the real steel 2011. Several of the double stack models can be made in Airsoft versions using the TM Hi Capa 5.1 as the base gun, like the Eagle, Edge, and Executive. Not *perfect* but close. That should satiate your desire to be building something "based on a real gun".

I recently sold a TM Hi Capa to a fellow forumite here on Arnies that used many real steel parts straight from www.stiguns.com, including MSH housings and caps, triggers and trigger bars, recoil rods and rear sights. (minor mods on some, but close enough)

Real trades, and outstanding Shooters Design quality --I took the gun into my local gunsmith shop in Orlando and my long time friend couldn't tell the difference for a few seconds until he saw the bore.

As already mentioned, go to Dentrinity.com and search "Hi Capa". There are a myriad of parts if you want to build one up yourself. If you want someone else to do it for you, or at least advise which parts arrangements are best for a specific purpose, PM me :).

So you can modify RS parts to fit a airsoft gun? Can you tell me how you did it?

As shinjinMC said. Lots of "measure, file down, repeat".

5370H55V,

If you're looking to mod a specific part, just ask me and I'll try to help you out. I've dealt with just about every real steel 2011 part that can be used in the TM Hi Capa.

Some parts are a straight swap, like the MSH cap, some require *slight* fitting, like the trigger/trigger bar, and some require *extensive* fitting, like the Tungsten recoil rod. It really depends on the part, to answer your question correctly.

RS and WA beavertails will technically 'fit' although it wont be a safety

it just looks cool

the actual part that interfaces with the trigger bar is mirrored on the hicapa

when filing, IMHO, its generally best to use hand tools

it forces you to work slower and not go too nuts in taking off material

Check on the websites already mentioned, WGC, Redwolf, etc. and search under TM Hi Capa. STi Eagle styled trades seem to be some of the more popular choices for people and they arent very hard to find. Guarder makes a slide with STi markings, but Guarder seem to take some serious fitting to get them to work properly(I didnt have too many issues with mine, but many have).

Hoo boy. Afte examining DEN Trinity it appears that to get the spec I want (close to being an STI Edge) I need to spend close to £150 per pistol.

That's more than I paid for them!

But... it might be worth it...

Another question: Do I need to upgrade the recoil spring if I fit a metal slide? My SCW Paras seem to do just fine with the stock one, is the Hi-Capa any different?

buy the part, fit it on, and shave off the bits that prevent it from fitting

its a lot easier to dremel alway than it is to explain

most RS parts are built slightly larger than spec to allow the smith to perfectly mate different parts

As shinjinMC said. Lots of "measure, file down, repeat".

5370H55V,

If you're looking to mod a specific part, just ask me and I'll try to help you out. I've dealt with just about every real steel 2011 part that can be used in the TM Hi Capa.

Some parts are a straight swap, like the MSH cap, some require *slight* fitting, like the trigger/trigger bar, and some require *extensive* fitting, like the Tungsten recoil rod. It really depends on the part, to answer your question correctly.

Ok thanks guys, if I have any problems fitting it I'll let you know.

Hoo boy.  Afte examining DEN Trinity it appears that to get the spec I want (close to being an STI Edge) I need to spend close to £150 per pistol.

That's more than I paid for them!

But... it might be worth it...

Another question:  Do I need to upgrade the recoil spring if I fit a metal slide?  My SCW Paras seem to do just fine with the stock one, is the Hi-Capa any different?

A fully built Hi Capa is very expensive, I have like 5 time the gun price in upgrades on mine. But if you want it to look a certain way, you have to pay for it.

I would swap springs on a Hi Capa if you go for a metal slide. The new slide will be much heavier than the stock one. WA HW slides are actually heavier than the high quality Metal slides, so they do just fine on stock springs.

dentrinity I believe has it

although as of late, it has been hard to get the hybrid combination of your choice

especially the two toned ones and the hybrid cone ported barrel

those seem to sell out fairly quickly

I have the black one myself, although it looks blueish under most lighting

Oh thanks, and it looks like both the slide and barrel are in right now; what a bad time to be broke. :(

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I just came across this.

And instantly fell in love with it.

Was just wondering, do any of you know if there are airsoft parts?

11PC9105LP.gif

And I was wondering if the length of 5.1 is right for it, it looks somewhat... short. 4.3 length?

And if someone can post up what I need to change a TM 5.1 into that, I would really really appreciate it :)

Thanks!

>_> I can't edit my post anymore...

Well I just wanted to ask, if anyone knows which slide would replicate that real steel slide best?

I have seen Prime's, which I quite like except for their logo, which is on the wrong side...

I was wondering if anyone has ever come across the 'perfect' slide to replicate this?

Thanks!

well, its a single stacker, to begin with, nod to 191

so you could modify it to look something like it, but not exactly

it does appear to have a conical barrel lockup instead of a bushing, nod to hicapa

actually, the list is damn long and Im going to stop here

but whatever you do, you'll need to do a different bomar sight cut as well as grinding the dust cover

or you can just go for a marushin TRP and settle for novaks and shoot 8mm

=p

Archived